Monday, April 29, 2019

Mother's Day Silhouette

     I'm pretty much hooked on all the images from Bugaboo Stamps but I especially love their silhouettes!  I thought this one would make a lovely Mother's Day card.


I started with the inspiration photo from Catch the Bug
and the sketch from Stella Says Sketch
which I adjusted to fit a square card.

  

     I colored with ProMarkers, then cut the image with a simple, square die from QuicKutz.  I cut another square one die size larger, cutting shiny, metallic, purple CS to use as the frame for the image.

     All the designer papers are from DCWV and all were scraps, including what I used for the background.  I added one of my signature bows, this time made from sheer ribbon and 'dyed' with ProMarkers to get the exact shade of purple that I wanted.

     I printed the sentiment, hand cut, matted, and hand cut it again, then added it to the lower corner of the card.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Addicted to Stamps
Allsorts
Di's Digi Designs
Jo's Scrap Shack
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Pixie's Snippets
Stamping Sensations

      Welcome to a new work week (for those of you who still have to report in or punch a time clock) and have a wonderful Monday.  Happy Crafting (to those who are home instead of at work.)  NanaConnie

18 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful, love the wonderful design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A really lovely card Connie, I agree the silhouettes are wonderful, as you've shown on your card.
Faith x

Shelly Schmidt said...

SO pretty! I love all of Bugaboo's floral images- you have really made a beautiful card!!! I always admire your coloring!

brenda said...

What a very pretty floral creation, it's lovely to see you at Allsorts 'Feminine' theme this week, many thanks for joining in.

B x

brenda said...

Popped back to thank you for sharing your pretty card with us at Stamping Sensations as well.

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

It's a lovely card. Thank you for joining us in our 'April Showers Bring May Flowers' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Sandy Palmer said...

Terrific design! Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at A Gem of A Challenge!
Sandy DT

jimlynn said...

Beautiful design for this image Connie. LOVE your card!
Lynn

Heather said...

Beautiful!! Pretty colors and papers and great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

Monica C. said...

This is so beautiful, Connie! I love all the detail you have added.
Hugs Monica

pinky said...

Connie your card is just lovely and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Mimi's Craftroom said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug. Hope to see more of your work.

Mervi said...

Lovely and pretty card with great image!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Wendy said...

Beautiful card...thanks for joining us at Di’s Digi Challenge:)
Wendy xx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card..Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Addicted to Stamps..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mummylade said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge.

Margreet said...

Very pretty card and I love how you combined 2 challenges of Catch the Bug. Thanks!!
xxx Margreet DT

Di said...

What a lovely card Connie - like you I do love silhouettes - and the wonderful colours you also used go so well! All so pretty!

Hugs

Di xx