Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Easter Blessings

     Today I want to share some of my oldest images which came from the now closed "Clearly Digital Stamps" store and they are both perfect for Easter.  I combined the two images by hand this time because I wanted to run the ribbon between them.


     I colored the rose with ProMarkers and used colored pencils and gamsol on the rest of the sentiment piece.  I left the Bible white and added the "Easter Blessings" sentiment to it.  I fussy cut both pieces.

     I had that scrap of green dp which had been cut along the border with a die from Spellbinders.  I trimmed it to fit the card front, ran it through an embossing folder (sorry, I don't remember the name), and adhered it, purposely leaving some white along the cut edge.

     I played around with how to layer things together, including the green satin ribbon, and finally decided I like this layout design the best.  I tied a bow from a scrap of matching ribbon and called it finished.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps 
Angie's Digital Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Paper Funday
Paper Shelter
Pile It On
Scrappy Land
Stamping Sensations
Work It Weds.

     Thanks for visiting and I appreciate those of you who leave comments.  They inspire me and keep me posting.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful - and the ribbon and bow just top it off. Love your gorgeous card!
Lynn

Monica C. said...

This card is beautiful. Love the fresh green you have used and I think that off cut from the die cutting is lovely with that bit of white peeking out.
Hugs Monica

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card, love the verse and beautiful rose.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Pop's Cards said...

I love the verse on this and that beautiful rose too, a gorgeous creation, thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter this time hugs Pops x

brenda said...

Your card looks lovely in the shades of Spring green, thanks for joining in our 'Showers and Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations.

B x

Marlies said...

A lovely Eastercard! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps and at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

*Vicki* said...

Your rose is so pretty Connie! Love the way the ribbon accents your Bible design!! Nicely done! :) HUGS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is beautiful Connie, love the verse.
Faith x

tiffany said...

This is a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land! =) Tiffany

Alina Florea said...

Very elegant card. Love it and thank you for entering our challenge at Angie.s Digital Stamps Blog Challenge! Alina DT

Dora said...

Very elegant card.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations challenge.