Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Smile !

     Over the weekend, I was visiting the Playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop and found this post by Di, in which she describes the steps she took to get a perfect line up of striped paper die cuts and scraps.  I was so fascinated by her technique, I knew I had to try it.  Take the time to go and read her post. The bold words up above are a link which will take you directly there.  I'm not going to try to describe each step here when she's done such a great job of explaining the step-by-step.  Thanks, Di!!

     I woke up super early this morning and had empty time on my hands so I grabbed a patterned paper scrap (DCWV), some dies, and my Cuttlebug.  In under half an hour, this is what I had !


    I know the pattern in the paper triangles doesn't look straight but here's the scrap I cut and you can see the perfect way everything lines up when the pieces are laid into the background CS.


     Dies for cutting the triangles are from a set by Memory Box and the "Smile" die is from Penny Black.

     Challenges:
AAA Cards
Cardz TV
Crafting with Friends
Crafty Addicts
Crafty Hazelnut's
Creative Fingers
Dies R Us
Jo's Scrap Shack
Scrap from Your Heart
Scrappy Land

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Fabulous geometrical design Connie! Thanks for sharing the link and now I'll need to go check that out!! :) HUGS

Di said...

Whoop, whoop Connie - go there girl! So glad you used the 'lining up' theory (and that I explained it well enough not to frighten you off). This is so lovely - a design one can use for many cards, both male and female I think! Well done!

Hugs

Di xx

Monica C. said...

Very cool, Connie! I love inlay die cuts and this is so clever.
Hugs Monica

jimlynn said...

I love it! So different and unique - and just perfect. I read Di's post too. Amazing.
Lynn

Jane said...

How very different and so very effective. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

LucieGCards said...

Wow, what an eye catching card! very cool! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards! PS - love your blog banner btw, made me smile!

Darlene said...

Very cute creation! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes DRU’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Now that IS different and so pretty with those pretty pink triangles on the brown. A GREAT card Connie.
Faith x

EmmaT said...

Fabulous card and take on Di's technique. Emma

Tiphanie B. said...

Gorgeous creation ! I love the design. Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Helen x
DT