Sunday, April 14, 2019

Mouse Catcher

     I've been a Sparkle N Sprinkle customer since before I started blogging or got seriously into card making and I still love playing in their challenges.  If you have even glanced at my sidebar, you know I'm a nut for cats.  So, when I found this image in the SnS shop, I had to grab it up right away.


     I colored the cat with ProMarkers, adding a bit of white gel ink to the chest and paws.  I die cut it with a plain but large, square die from QuicKutz.  I inked the edges with a 'coffee' ink pad.

     I made my card base with kraft CS, then added scraps of dp which came from Echo Park and Now & Then.  I happen to love a combo of polka dots and stripes.  The image piece went on top of that and my final touch was to add one of my signature, hand-sewn bows, this time with a sparkly gem instead of the usual pearl.  I think this is simple enough to make a great masculine card.

     Challenges:
Coloring in Scrapland
Creative Inspirations
Get Creative
I {heart} ProMarkers
Incy Wincy
Papercraft
SUYP Cats
TTCRD
Tuesday Throwdown

     The weekend is flying by and I still have 3 cards to finish for posts due next week!  Yikes, I'd better get on the ball.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How fabulous image!! LOVE it! Great design too!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OMG! I LOVE that image and how you coloured it, just FABULOUS and fun too.
Faith x

Donna Ellis said...

Dont'cha just love this little mouse catcher image? It's precious and your colors are fantastic! Charlie gives the sweetest expressions to her critters, and this one is especially dear. Beautiful card, Connie! hugs, de

Liz said...

Super card, the image is just adorable. Your card would be perfect to join in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month, where the theme is '1 Ribbon/2 Or More Designer Papers'. xx

Lori Kobular said...

That kitty looks so happy and proud of its "catch"!! You colored that kitty perfectly! Love the dotted paper too!

Sheryl said...

Great image.
Thankyou for joining us at I Love Promarkers.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Monica C. said...

A sweet image and such a fun take on the mouse-catcher! I love your combo of dots and stripes.
Hugs Monica

ike said...

How fabulous - such a delightful card :-) Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges =^..^=
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Theresa said...

it is such a happy card. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa xx

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the PaperCraft Challenge this time and good luck :)

CraftyNatalie said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations.

Robin Francini said...

I adore the winning smile the cat's has!! Your color choices are perfect for show cases the best mousers of all! Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenge, Robin

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so sweet! Love how you've colored your little kitten. He looks so full of himself! Great choice of background papers too! Thanks for joining us over at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.