Friday, April 26, 2019

Beware of ...

     Welcome to the start of another weekly challenge at QKR Stampede.  Our theme is always "Anything Goes" and it's open to any player using any products they choose.  I decided on more silliness because that's what I love best.  :-D

     The image is from QKR and is called "All Tied Up" and the sentiment is from our sister company, Eureka Stamps, called "Beware of Children."


     I colored with my ProMarkers, distressed them lightly with extra fine sandpaper, then used a stitched die from Die-namics (My Favorite Things) to cut the image.  The background is embossed with a folder by Couture Creations. 

     I had that textured red ribbon in my stash and it seemed to match up with his shirt so I wrapped it around the card front.  I have to admit that I much prefer using ribbon over flowers because not only is it flatter for mailing but it's easily used on masculine or feminine cards and flowers seem limited to feminine cards only. 

     The single 'gem' I added to the ribbon was made by adding loose glitter to a tiny circle of metallic foil.

     Challenges:
As You Like It
Colour Crazy
C.R.A.F.T.
Creative Fingers
Cute Card Thurs.
Cute N Crafty
Scrappy Land
Simon Says Stamp
Time Out

     Thanks for coming by to visit and come play with us!  We love being inspired by you.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! another hysterical sentiment matching the perfect image, a SUPER card.
Faith x

Lori Kobular said...

LOL!! This is such a funny card! I love how you colored his face and that sentiment is great! Thanks for sharing with us at the Scrapy Land Challenges!

Linda Simpson said...

This made me chuckle, that poor man, the children must have been feeling very mischievous. Love this card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Joyce said...

This is so very funny. Love the fun sentiment and image. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

jimlynn said...

I'm laughing so hard!!!! I'll have to show this to my daughter because when she was in high school she babysit a lot. Two little boys were her absolute nightmare - but it was money, so she kept babysitting them.....and yes, they actually tied her to a chair one night! I LOVE your card. Hilarious and so much fun!
Lybb

creationsnz said...

What a funny card, I totally agree! CarolG

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! Well isn't that the truth!! :) Such a fun card and a clever way to add your gem embellishment with glitter too!! I love this!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

P.S. I am so far behind in my visiting my friends, but I promise to catch up soon!! HUGS

Gerrina said...

A real quirky image and funny card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Monica C. said...

Such a fun quirky card. I can definitely appreciate that sentiment!
Hugs Monica

Sheryl said...

This is so funny! I love the image and the sentiment is hilarious.
Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Larissa said...

What a fun card! Love the image. The ribbon is perfect on this card. Thanks so much for joining us at As you like it.

Hugs,
Larissa

Tindaloo said...

Superfun image and card! Love that sentiment lol :)

Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Fingers!
♥ DT Tindaloo ~ I got blogcandy if u wanna join :)