Sunday, April 7, 2019

Easter Ewe

     When it comes to Easter 'critters,' most of us think of bunnies and chicks, but not sheep.  I just laughed out loud when I saw this image from Bugaboo Stamps.  It felt like a take-off on the Cadbury Chocolate commercials about everyone wanting to be the Easter Bunny.  :-D


     I started by coloring the image with ProMarkers and pencils, then I cut it with a die from QuicKutz.  The frame behind it was cut from blue CS with a Sue Wilson die.  Because the die cut was narrower than what I wanted, I cut it in the middle (lengthwise) and attached one half to each side of my image rectangle.

     I wrapped stitched, satin ribbon around the card front, added the framed image, and then used one of my signature, hand-sewn bows with a pearl.  Quick and easy design but the fancy frame makes it look much more complex.

    Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Brown Sugar
Catch the Bug
Crafter's Castle
Incy Wincy
Jo's Scrap Shack
Outlawz Greetings
Path of Positivity

     Well, my weekend is winding down and I still have weeds to pull and plants to put in the family vegetable garden.  My granddaughter is going to help out and I'll be most grateful for that.  These old bones don't bend over as easily as they used to do.  Well, bending isn't really the problem - it's getting back to an upright stance that doesn't happen the way it did a few years ago.  :-D

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO adorable, love the bunny years and your sentiment, I always think of Easter with lambs, here in Wales, they are certainly out with their funny lamb ways.
Faith x

jimlynn said...

I hear you loud and clear about getting back up after you get down. It's amazing and to think we used to just bounce back up in a heartbeat!
I LOVE that image AND your card. Yes, I laughed out loud when I saw it too. Too cute and fun and a great card!
Have fun planting your garden. Yummy!!!
Lynn

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How cute and fun card with that sheep! Love the blue borders!!

Christine said...

Love that cute little sheep and the pretty die cut layer!
Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack!
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Monica C. said...

This card is brilliant! Great idea on cutting the die cut to stretch it.
I hear you on the bones and their reluctance to cooperate like they once did.
Hugs Monica

Margreet said...

Lovely card with that supercute sheep with rabbit ears.
Thanks for playing with Catch the Bug's AG challenge.
xxx Margreet DT

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous Connie, love the frame and wonderful image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Darling little Easter ewe and chickie friend, Connie! Your beautiful die cut is the perfect setting for the lovely colors in your scene. Cute as can be (I love that you colored each little stripe in those Easter eggs!) hugs, de

Helen said...

Great design, a fab image and I love those eyes!

Thanks for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack.

Helen x

Maria Giselle B. said...

Very funny image! Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Animals Challenge. Good luck!

Betta said...

This card is adorable and the sheep is soooooo fun!!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Thanks for entering it into the spring or fall challenge at Brown Sugar Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw and hope you can join us again for our next challenge.
Kisssssssssssssssss

The Craft Princess said...

Awww....that's just adorable! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Hugs... Janie
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com

Suze said...

Great image and lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Path Of Positivity for the Happiness Challenge.