Friday, April 5, 2019

No Place like "Gnome"

     Happy Friday to all of you and welcome to my usual Friday QKR Stampede post. It's our latest challenge and our theme is always Anything Goes.  I'm a huge fan of all the QKR stamps but I do love the gnomes especially.  This one is called "Sitting Gnome" - inadvertently misspelled as 'knome.'


     I colored him with ProMarkers and watercolor pencils, then cut him with a stitched die from CUTplorations.  I matted him with a scrap of bleached, green CS.  I did the bleaching on that myself, using a Q-tip and 'dotting' spots, then letting it dry.  I got on a huge kick of that a few years back and did probably 50 sheets of CS in different colors.  Some of those sheets I still have in my stash.  Because it's so time consuming to make, I keep every little scrap and try to use it up.

     I cut the sentiment with the same CUTplorations die, but I adjusted the placement of the die and cut it twice to get the size I wanted.  The polka dot ribbon was in my stash and I used a separate scrap to tie the bow.

     I added everything to a golden yellow background, putting the image and sentiment on Pop Dots for some dimension.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Creations
Crafty Gals Corner
Cupcake Inspirations
  
Digi Choosday
I {heart} ProMarkers
Lemon Shortbread
Outlawz Festive Friday
Passion for ProMarkers

     That's it for today and I hope you'll have a fabulous weekend!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Love, Love, Love this card, the sitting gnome is wonderful and beautifully coloured.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love this fabulous image and the spots/dots on the ribbon and background. The Gnome is wonderfully coloured Connie.
Faith x

*Vicki* said...

Wow that is one really cool and unique gnome for sure! Gorgeous coloring and fantsatic card Connie! HUGS

Jo said...

He is one cool dude.....and you coloured him so nice. Love the background you created too.
hugs Jo x

jimlynn said...

He's a cutie sitting on his little mushroom. Love the design of your card too Connie.
Lynn

Sandy Palmer said...

Great looking card! Thanks for joining us at A Gem of A Challenge!
Sandy DT

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How cute!!! Love that gnome and the design! I have never try bleaching technique, I will have a try, one day! :)

ahlers5 said...

I just love gnomes and he is definitely a cutie. Wonderful card.

Monica C. said...

Lovely bright card! Love that bleached cardstock, what a great idea.
Hugs Monica

Lori Kobular said...

That gnome is so adorable and I love how you colored him!

Indy's Designs said...

What a fun card! So cute! So glad you shared with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Hugs,
Debbie

Aunty Sue said...

another fabulous entry for our cute challenge and thanks for sharing at PFP this week

Jane Savage said...

Brilliant card! Loving that pop of bright green!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) xxx

Sheryl said...

Love this image and you have coloured beautifully.
Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Lisa Bird said...

Wonderful card
Thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers Blog Challenge
craftycard-designs.co.ukBest Wishes Lisa

Rose Andrew said...

Beautiful and cute card.
Thank you for joining with us over at Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge
Good Luck
Rose DT