Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Tulips Mean Spring

     Hey, did you know the Mo's Digital Pencil challenge was back?  It's an "Anything Goes" theme with an optional twist of "Spring."  This darling image (called Boo and Tulips) is an older one but you can still find it in the shop.  It's perfect for a spring theme but could work for nearly anything.  I'm using it for a birthday card for my SIL who has a May birthday and who loves kittens.

     Even the briefest of glances around my blog sidebar will tell you that I love cats!  I disagree with every person who says cats are aloof and unresponsive.  I agree that some of them have "attitude" but it's the very thing I love most about them. 

     I love that when a cat attaches to a human, it's forever and it's completely unrelenting.  My cats follow me around the house when I move from room to room, insist on sleeping right beside me on the bed at night, and have their own favorite spaces in the craft room which they occupy whenever I'm in there.  :-D


     I colored with ProMarkers, then used a Cottage Cutz die to cut out the image.  I printed the sentiment and used another Cottage Cutz die to cut it.  I had to adjust the placement of the die and cut twice to get the size and shape I needed but it worked.

     I found periwinkle CS to make the card base and ran the front side through my 'Linen' embossing folder.  I wanted something really CAS so I adhered the image and the sentiment pieces and then left it totally alone - no embellishment at all.

     Challenges:
As You Like It
Coloring in Scrapland
Crafter's Castle
Cutie Pie
Get Creative
Happy Craft
Jo's Scrap Shack
Outlawz PAM
SUYP Cats
Work It Weds.

    Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

21 comments:

Jo said...

Love the tulips NanaConnie but that kitty has stolen my heart, she's a beauty and I love her colour. I think my cats sound very much like yours...one's a real grump but that's what we love about her, a couple are quite aloof, the rest are big softies....but they all are so precious. Hope you're well.
hugs Jo x

Lori m said...

Beautiful card, love the kitten poking out, so pretty, hugs, Lori m

Lori Kobular said...

Such a lovely card, that image is so pretty and I just love that kitty!

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie, love the purple tulips and the sweet kitty.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Pat said...

I couldn’t agree more! Tulips definitely mean SPRING! I love this creation! Beautiful coloring...and such a pretty design. The deep purple in the background really showcases this cute Mo Manning image!! Thanks so much for joining us for this month’s challenge atMo’s! Hugs, Pat Frank

jimlynn said...

This little kitty is precious! Love your tulips and your card.
Lynn

Monica C. said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the colors and you have captured that kitty behind the vase so well.
Hugs Monica

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous card! Super cute image and I love the colours and colouring. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

*Vicki* said...

Oh yes!! Tulips are my fave flower and I absolutely ADORE your colors of them as well!! I can't wait for mine to start blooming! :) Gorgeous card Connie! Thanks for letting us know about Mo's challenge! It's been forever since I've dabbled with her images!! HUGS

Maud's Creations said...

Beautiful card Connie, love the cute kitty behind the vase, and the colours are glorious. Thanks for joining in on the Anything goes Challenge at the Happy Craft Challenge Community

Christine said...

I love the purple tulips and that inquisitive little kitty!
Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack!
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

ike said...

Eeee !! So super cute and gorgeous colouring.
I know what you mean about kitties - I have 23 - 12 indoor cats and the others stay in the garden. LoL I sit on the sofa at night to watch tv with usually 8 cats on me, but I don't let them downstairs in the craft room or up in the bedroom hahahaha
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges =^..^=

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Helen said...

Beautiful card and a great sentiment.

Thanks for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack.

Helen x

The Craft Princess said...

Oh such a sweet Spring card!!! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Hugs... Janie
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com

Rianna / RiCre8s said...

This card is both beautiful and cute and I love the colours you’ve used! :)
Thank you for participating in Jo’s Scrap Shack Fun-Day Friday Challenge this week. :)
~Rianna / RiCre8s DT

Pat K said...

Beautiful card and that kitty is so cute. Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS Spring card love the cute kitty and tulips---two favourites on one card-perfect.Thank you for joining us at Get Creative
Carol DT x
I am a cat person too lol x

thecraftycavalier said...

Beautiful card - wonderfully coloured. I love tulips - they really cheer me up! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It, Jayne xx

Julie said...

Such a pretty card Connie - lovely colours! Thanks for joining in with our returning challenge at Mo's Digital Pencil this month, good luck! Juliex

Corry Dank said...

what a sweet kitten

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely sweet card, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie Challenge cheers Sue N x