Saturday, April 13, 2019

April Showers

     Where I live we had nearly twice as much rain in March as is normal but now into April, we've had no rain at all.  Having had severe drought over the last 5 or 6 years, we really need more rain so I'm hoping for a few more April Showers.  Maybe this card, featuring a darling image from Bugaboo Stamps, will help.


     Of course, I used ProMarkers to color the image (my go-to favorites!) and then I cut it with a Tonic Studios scalloped die.  I added some Dew Drops to a few of the raindrops in the image, enhancing the water aspect.

     I found a denim blue card base and wrapped it with some gingham ribbon from Crafty Ribbons, adding the image piece on top of that.  I did one of my signature, hand-sewn bows, shaping it to look like a butterfly to complement those in the image.  I added a tiny pompom as the butterfly's head.

     Finally, I printed the sentiment and added it to the lower corner.

     Challenge:
Aud Sentiments
Butterfly (Denim Blue/Digi)
CCC Digis
Catch the Bug
Crafter's Castle
Crafty Creations
Die Cut Divas
Ellibelle's Crafty Weds.
House That Stamps Built (right hand column)
Outlawz SAR

     Enjoy your weekend and Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Such a cute image Connie! Love the rain drop accents on your card and the blue gingham accent is perfect with it! We are getting some cooler temps with the rain over my way and it's not good on our flowers/shrubs/trees for sure! Tonight they predict maybe snow! Hoping you get plenty of rain my friend! HUGS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful colouring on this gorgeous card Connie. I hope you get the rain you need, not too much at once though, but more frequent?
Faith x

Esther Asbury said...

What a fun image and super cute card! I'm so happy you played along in the Tic Tac Toe Challenge over on The House That Stamps Built!

jimlynn said...

Try to see how many rainy day cards you can make this month! Maybe that'll help out and get y'all some rain. You don't need another dry year.
Love your cute card and that image......and blue too!
Lynn

Heather said...

Super cute!! Love all the blue (my favorite color!) and the dew drops! They really add to the rainy feel of the card. May it bring lots of rain your way! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Arlene said...

So very cute. Love the cute boot and umbrella. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our April challenge of using something with water such as rain, lake, ocean, streams, a dot of water on a petal, anything like that.

Lori Kobular said...

What a cute rain boot!! If I had rain boots they would look like that because I would probably never wear them! They would have critters living inside them and vines twirling around them! Really a fun card!

Mrs A. said...

Promarkers are my go to pen every time too. I do have others but they are my favourites. I love your bright and cheery boot. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.

DeniseD said...

Very nice card! Love the bugaboo stamp! Great coloring, so cute! Thanks for joining us at Craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

Monica C. said...

Lovely card, Connie and gorgeous coloring on it. I love the "raindrops" that you added to it.
Hugs Monica

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Your card is adorable! Love it! I'm sorry to hear about the rain. We've had an abundance of it. And lots of wind! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. We hope to see you next time too!
Blessings, Jeanie
DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com

Lisa J said...

Love this image and such a great card too! Thanks for playing along with us this month at CCC Digi Creations. Lisa DT

Ellibelle said...

Another beauty you created! Love the image!
Thank you so much for joining in again at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month! Hope you play along again soon!
Ellie from
Ellibelle's Corner

Marie Bingaman said...

Oh wow, NanaConnie, this is so cute! I LOVE your coloring of that sweet image, and the way you styled your card lets the image shine! Thanks for joining us in our Back to Nature challenge, and good luck! :)

~Marie B -DT

Donna said...

Such a cute image and beautifully colored, so glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built!

Marlene Atkinson said...

Super Cute. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Marlene