Monday, April 15, 2019

Pug Love

     I'm sneaking this post onto the blog while the feline fur babies are distracted by my first post this morning which featured a kitten (at their insistence!)  They don't much like it when I feature other animals, most especially dogs.

     On the other hand, who could resist this precious little pug?  Let me tell you a quick back story about this card.  My eldest granddaughter and her best friend have rented a house, each of them moving away from home on that "I'm now an adult" adventure.  Her friend has a sweet little pug named Eva and, when I saw this image at Ching-Chou Kuik, I knew I had to do a card for her.

     I had it planned for her birthday but then, over the weekend, she was in a car accident wherein the car in which she was riding was rear-ended by another car.  Although there's nothing life threatening, she's pretty banged up and in a lot of pain from classic whip lash injuries, including headaches and throwing up.  The ER doctors told her she's going be even more sore by this morning than she was yesterday.  I knew what she needed most was to hug her pug so I'm sending this card to her as a get well.  :-D

     I enlisted my granddaughter's help in getting a photo of Eva so that I could do the coloring to match her.  Here's what she sent.


     The little black kitten is Luna, a recent addition to the family and she immediately decided that Eva was her new momma.

     Here's the card:


     I used ProMarkers to color the image with added highlights done in gel ink.  I cut the image, the mat for it, and the sentiment with Unbranded, cross stitch dies.  Everything went onto a kraft card base.

     I added metal brads to upper and lower corners, then left it alone, adding no other embellishments.  I wanted the image to be the focus of the card.

     Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart
Crafts Galore Encore
Creative Inspirations
Ching-Chou Kuik
I {heart} ProMarkers
Morgan's ArtWorld
Paper Fundays
Paper Nest Dolls
Path of Positivity
Scrap from Your Heart

     Two posts on one day and it's been a while since I did that so enjoy!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

18 comments:

Monica C. said...

So sorry to hear about your granddaughter's friend. I hope she will not hurt too much. That card is so cute and I am sure it will be a good pick-me-up.
Hugs Monica

jimlynn said...

Connie, this will be perfect for your granddaughters friend! Hope she starts feeling better soon too.
Love the little pug - both the real one and the one on the card too!. Sweet, sweet card and so pretty.
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

This will be perfect for your granddaughter's friend. A gorgeous card and love the cute pug.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Oh my! The face on that sweet Pug is darling! Your card is so pretty!

Donna Ellis said...

Your colored version looks just like Eva, Connie! Beautifully colored. It's a fantastic card she is sure to love. I am partial to black cats - before our current German Shepherd, we had black dogs, too, and even our cows were black! Our kitty is black with a tiny white star on her chest. Thanks for sharing about your fur-family! hugs, de

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Gorgeous Nana Connie. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Wendy DT for
http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation Connie, lovely coloring and design! Perfect for your granddaughters friend, hope she feels a lot better soon! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge. Love to see you join in each month.
~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx - http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

Loose Stitches said...

I'm back again...Such a beautiful creation Connie and so very thoughtful! Thank you for sharing with us over at Ching-Chou Kuik's Challenge. We hope to see you again.
~ DT Sherry xx

Furrbster said...

So glad to hear there is nothing life threatening, but I know how awful whiplash can be. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery - which I am sure this awesome pug card will help along.

Thanks for sharing this with us at I Love Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz

Arlene said...

Beautiful coloring. Great card. So glad you joined us at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge.
Arlene DT for
http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

Mari said...

What a cute card, I am sure your granddaughters friend will be very happy!! I like the color combinations as well! Thank you for joining our challenge at Scrap from your heart.
- DT Mari

Monica C. said...

Back again with a DT hat on!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

Catrin Goodwin said...

Such a sweet card - and so lovely for your granddaughters friend. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Nest Dolls April Challenge - and i hope to see you again next month. Cat DT

Rose Andrew said...

Gorgeous card ..Just prefect !
Thank you for joining us at Paper Nest Dolls Challenge.
Good Luck !
Rose -DT

Gale said...

Connie, what a sweet card! You have colored the pug beautifully. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

NanaConnie, by now I hope your grand-daughter is getting better day-by-day. Even such a simple thing as whiplash can be a right so-and-so to get rid of. I had it once and I was off sick 7 weeks. I am sure your card helped cheer her up. The real pug is a cutie. Your card fits perfectly the Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Inspiration and Challenge Blog Monthly Challenge this month. Even more fantastic is that you have used one of Ching-Chou Kuik's digital stamps.

Thank you for entering, best wishes in the draw and for your support of this challenge. Kym (Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Blog Challenge and Facebook Challenge Design Team Leader)

Donna Walls said...

Darling image, very nice. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges and best of luck in the draw. Donna - DT Member

Suze said...

What a wonderful card for your granddaughter's friend. I hope that she is recovering and has no lasting issues. Thank you for joining us at Path Of Positivity for the Happiness Challenge.