Monday, April 1, 2019

Cuddle a Kitty

     Common wisdom says when you're feeling down, you probably need a hug.  At my house, it's a sure sign you need to cuddle a kitty.  :-D

     The April challenge has started over at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies (no April Fool gag!) and our theme (as always) is Anything Goes with a Critter featured.  Our delightful sponsor this month is Digi Doodle Studios.  Although they generously supplied the DT with images to use, I chose one I already had in my collection, called "Kitty."


     I used ProMarkers, chalks, and gel inks to color the image, then cut it with a die from Sizzix.  I printed and cut the sentiment with a die from QuicKutz.  I used a larger Sizzix die to cut the mulberry paper, then dampened the edge and 'feathered' it.

     The satin ribbon was the last piece of it I had in my stash and I wrapped it around the card front.  I used my bow maker to tie the double layer, bow tie bow, using gingham ribbon.

     Challenges:
Die Cuttin' Divas
Digi Choosday
Lemon Shortbread
Mod Squad
SUYP Cats
TTCRD
Tuesday Throwdown

     I hope you're going to come and play with us this month.  Remember, you are not limited to cards for your entries.  You can enter anything which features a 'critter' on it.  We love being inspired by your creations.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

ike said...

Super sweet card... I can really feel that hug. :-) I have no shortage of kitties to hug at my house - it definitely works :-D
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges. =^..^=
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

*Vicki* said...

There nothing but lots of cuddly love going on in your card today Connie! Love the layer of mulberry paper behind the image for a soft furry look! Beautifully done my friend! HUGS

Lori Kobular said...

That girl and kitty look so happy cuddling together! Love the mulberry paper!

Larelyn said...

Awww, such a sweet image and great coloring. I love the effect of the mulberry paper too. Thanks for sharing at Die Cuttin' Divas.

Sue Crease said...

Lovely card & image. Hope you got your cuddles. Thanks for sharing at digichoosday

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie, love the sweet image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Theresa said...

sweet card. everybody could do with a hug. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa xx

jimlynn said...

I"d cuddle this kitty any time. Love the way you did the kitty's fur too. Sweet and so pretty.
Lynn

Joyce Erb said...

Aww, sweet image and great coloring. Thanks for joining us at The Mod Squad Challenge

Julie said...

Such an adorable card
So glad you joined us a Digi Doodle Studios
Julie T

Lisa J said...

This is such a pretty card, love the feathers! We would love for you to enter this into our Anything Goes challenge this month over on the Challenge Blog. Thanks for entering in our FB challenge too!
Lisa DDS Sponsorship Coordinator https://digidoodlestudioschallengeblog.blogspot.com/

Monica C. said...

Such a sweet card Connie and I love how you have fringed that mulberry paper.
Hugs Monica

Terri Winske said...

What a gorgeous card - I love the way you colored her hair and put texture in the kitty's fur. Adorable, simply adorable! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Carol L said...

awww, what a precious image, colored so beautifully and I love the fuzzy medallion that looks like kitty fur :) Clever idea!

Jolanda's Blog said...

Lovely card!!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Studios Challengeblog
I hope you’ll join us next time again.
Jolanda (DT member)

Judy V said...

Sweet card! Thanks for joining us for the Digi Doodle Studios Challenge this month!