Friday, March 29, 2019

Snakes and Rainy Days

     I'm not sure there's really any correlation between snakes and rainy days, other than the fact that I feel pretty much the same about both of them; I don't mind them but they can be annoying if they happen every day.  :-D

     It's Friday again so that means it's time for a new challenge at QKR Stampede.  We always have a theme of "Anything Goes" so there's no reason for you not to enter.  You could win some fun and funny images from QKR Stampede.

     The one I used today is called "Wrapped Up" and the sentiment is called "A Little Rain."  I'm sure this little snake would adopt that sentiment as his life's philosophy!  After all, there's probably nothing nastier than trying to navigate across wet and slippery tree branches.


     I colored with ProMarkers (my absolute favorites for coloring because I love the way alcohol ink blends), then cut the image with a stitched die from My Favorite Things - Die-namics.  The background pieces are cut with a die from Sue Wilson.  I cut two and offset them behind the image because the cut pieces were too small for just one to frame the image.  One more way to make my smaller dies more flexible.

     I added green jute cord, wrapped around the card front, then tied into a bow.

     Challenges:
a2z Scrapbooking
As You Like It
Craft-Dee BowZ
Crafting by Designs
Crafts Galore Encore
Creatalicious
Die Cut Divas
Let's Craft & Create
Outlawz Festive Fri.
Penny's Paper-Crafty

     That's all I have for today.  I hope you're looking forward to the weekend.  It's officially spring now (in the Northern Hemisphere) so get out and enjoy the outdoors.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Jo said...

Great card NanaConnie, love rainy days but not too sure about the snake lol!
xx

Monica C. said...

That is a brilliant card. I am more likely to cope with rain than snakes.
I love your blog header image. The pic is so cute and the wording that goes with it - brilliant.
Hugs Monica

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card Connie, love the snake and wonderful sentiment.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Becca Sadler said...

Thanks for joining #423 at PPCC blog! I don't like snakes at all but your card is so funny! I do love how the die-cut border is a bit-offset or should I say not fully complete; makes it interesting! Becca ~ DT

Brigitte said...

Your card is so funny!!! Love how you made the frame and the nice monochrome theme. Thanks for joining us this month at Creatalicious, we hope to see you again next time. Hugs, Brigitte

Teresa Arsenault said...

Great design! hugs, Teresa

*Vicki* said...

That snake reminds me of "The Jungle Book" cartoon and I lov your wonderful "green" creation with it!! :)

Joy Wilson said...

Cute card! But.. I have a different opinion about snakes. If a snake ever gets into my home I will leave it and all belongings inside it as fast as I can run and never return. I am freaked out by live snakes, but your snake on your card I super cute! Thanks for joining us and good luck with your entry! Be sure to join us for the April challenge!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Craft-dee Bowz

Karen L K said...

Cute and fun! I like that snake especially because it is a little something different. Those die cuts look great behind the image also. Thanks for joining in over at a2z Scrapbooking.

Arlene said...

Fun and cute. So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking for our March challenge.

Arlene said...

Great shading on your coloring. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our March challenge.

Lynne said...

A super card, I love your green theme. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

Sarah said...

What a fabulous card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at AYLI. Sarah DT