Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Go Fly a Kite

     I keep looking at the calendar (and the skies) to see how close we are to the official start of spring and, so far, the skies are winning and they definitely aren't clear and sunny!  Today we have  a lot of wind and overcast so maybe we should break out the kites and pretend it's spring.  :-D

     My card today has an image from Doodle Dragon and I thought he looked like he was going to fly his kite regardless.  Of course, I have to admit that a dragon flying a kite is a complete fantasy anyway.  lol


     I used my ProMarkers to color the image and cut it with a die from Spellbinders.  I also used a Spellbinders die on the sentiment but had to shift it around and make 2 cuts to get that shape and size.

     I mounted the image and sentiment onto a navy blue card base, tilting the image piece at an angle and trimming the two corners that overlapped the edges.  I added one of my signature bows which had been dyed with a ProMarker.  I also added a tiny button to the bow.

     Challenges:
Allsorts
Cardz TV
Colour Crazy
Crafty Calendar
Crafty Catz
Creative Fingers
Cute Card Thurs.
Cut It Up
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Outlawz PAM

     I have a second post that will be going live today so be sure to check back a bit later.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

*Vicki* said...

He's just as cute as can be Connie!! Love your cloudy scene you've made for him and I'm with you on Spring...I keep looking for it and I think it's getting closer!! Yay!! :) DT hat: Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

brenda said...

An adorable image any little one is sure to adore, many thanks for joining in with our 'For a Child' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Kathleen said...

Super image and great colouring , like the fancy die. Thank you for joining our 'Card for a Child' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Sue said...

Oooo love this cute dinosaur!!! really gorgeous and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue x

Monica C. said...

He is super cute and I really like the die you used to cut him out with.
Hugs Monica

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable dragon, so fun and cute and love the frame!

Sue Crease said...

Adorable. There are a lot of kite flyers on the blogs today. Must be all this wind we’re having 😁. Thanks for sharing at LPCF

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I love pictures of dragons. This one looks like he's having a great trying to get his kite into the air, and thank you :( because now I have the "Let's Go Fly a Kite" song stuck in my head!!

Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Welcome Spring challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You know I LOVE dragons and this si the cutest I've seen in a long time, as for the sentiment, you are just BRILLIANT!
Faith
x

Billie A said...

Cute image and sentiment. So glad you shared over at Colour Crazy challenge.
Billie A
Colour Crazy Challenge
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Catz

ScrappyHorses said...

Oh how cute is this! Definitely a spring scene with that cutie and his kite! Great die cut, too! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

Margo said...

This is adorable !
Thank you so much for joining us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge
Greetz
Margo DT

Mervi said...

Fab and fun card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m