Monday, March 4, 2019

Soft and Fluffy

     My card today is made with one of my favorite images from AuroraWings.  I think it's a perfect representation of a place where dreams come true, where kittens and chicks can be best friends, and where a kitten could be an Easter critter.  Sounds like an "Over the Rainbow" dream, right?  :-D


     I used ProMarkers to color the image, of course, then cut it with a scalloped, Sizzix die and matted it with a stitched die from Memory Box.  I decided on a kraft card base, wrapped it with green ribbon, and added the image piece.  I cut white flowers from mulberry paper (Spellbinders die), added one with a gem, and used die cut leaves (Cheery Lynn) cut from a scrap of white CS.

     I printed and hand cut the simple sentiment and decided that was just enough embellishment.  I wanted the image to be the focal point, unobscured by piles of embellishment.

     Challenges:
Addicted to CAS
Angie's Digital Stamps
Cute Card Thurs
I {heart} ProMarkers
Lemon Shortbread
Outlawz Twisted Thurs
Simon Says Stamp
TTCRD
Words to Craft By

     Happy Crafting, my friends.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Liz said...

An adorable image, perfect for your lovely Easter card. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous CAS and just love the "dream" :D Those two cute fluffy friends melt my heart!!! :)

Donna Ellis said...

Aw, such Spring sweetness with these darling young critters, Connie! Your colors and pretty shading bring them to life! I can see why it’s your favorite! Hugs, de

Annemi said...

Wonderful card. Love the CAS design and what a great interpretation on the theeme. Thanks for joining in on #75 over at Aurora Wings challengeblog. Hugz

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my how adorable is this cute kitten! I love this card so beautiful.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Kate 'Rijacki' Ledum said...

Love your adorable fuzz-balls :) Of course, kittens can be Easter critters, especially with a cute chick friend.

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
Regards,
Rijacki

TTCRD DT
Rijacki's Workshop
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Monica C. said...

Sweet image and I love how you have used it on your card.
Hugs Monica

Sybrina K said...

Hi Connie! How nice to see one of your wonderful creations in our Words 2 Craft By gallery... and this is such a sweet interpretation of our best friend challenge theme. Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at W2CB. :)

Darnell said...

I want to live in your world with you, Connie, where all things can be best friends and Easter cards look as adorable as this!! Thank you for joining W2CB!! Hugs, Darnell

DonnaMundinger said...

Love your "Over the Rainbow Dream" with Mitzi's sweet kitty and chick, NC. What an adorable card! Thanks so much for joining us at Aurora Wings. xxD

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Ooooh, I adore your interpretation of our challenge theme, NC! Adorable and precious, sweet, and so peaceful. Your design of the card is beautiful, too! Thank you for joining us at Aurora Wings. M xx

Misty Elam said...

Oh my goodness, what an adorable image!! I love it! You've colored it so beautifully. The whole design is just lovely. I would be happy to live in a world where kittens and baby chicks were BFF's. :-) Sounds like my kinda place.
Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Misty