Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Winter is Past

     My card today was a commissioned card and the scripture from Song of Solomon was specifically requested.  For me right now, after a full week of rain every day and another 3 days of it predicted, it feels more like a prayer.  :-D  Either way, it's a great spring card.


     I pulled the sentiment from {PIN}terest after the lady who commissioned the card showed me where to find it.  Sorry, folks, I spend very little time on {PIN}terest; I'm much more apt to be found in my craft room than at the computer, surfing around websites or social media. 

     I sized it to fit the card, printed it, cut it into a square, and used a Fiskars punch on the corners.  I printed the roses in gray scale and used ProMarkers to color them.  I added highlights with a white gel pen.  I used a rectangle die from QuicKutz to cut the image, then used a kraft knife to gently distress the edges.

     I added the sentiment piece after I inked the edges on it.  The satin ribbon across the bottom of the card was a scrap left on my desk and I also added one of my signature, hand-sewn bows.  All of that went onto a yellow card base which had been run through my Linen embossing folder.  Sweetly feminine and the lady loved it.  :-D

     Challenges:
Art Impressions
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Addicts
Crafty Creations
Ellibelle's Crafty Weds.
House that Stamps Built
I {heart} ProMarkers
Paper Shelter
Scrappy Land
Word Art Weds.

     Half way through the work week; "Hump Day" as the camel says!  It'll be weekend in no time.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Such a gorgeous flower and scripture!! This card certainly screams Spring to me and I absolutely love it!! HUGS

Jo said...

So beautiful.....love the words & the roses are stunning
hugs Jo x

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the roses!
Thank you so much for playing along this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge where it's all about spring or add some green!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This is a so sweet card!!

Monica C. said...

This card is so special. Those roses are so gorgeously colored. Great job!
Hugs Monica

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful card - I love the Scripture you used on this! Perfect for the Easter/Spring challenge over on The House That Stamps Built! Thanks for linking up!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm new to the verse, sorry to say, but it's beautiful so is your card, I'm sure the lady concerned will be very appreciative.
Yep! we could do with less rain too!
Faith
x

Donna said...

Beautiful card and design, I always enjoy your entries at The House That Stamps Built!

Donna Ellis said...

Gorgeously colored, Connie, with amazing highlights! It was a great Pinterest find! XXOO

Andrea said...

Beautiful coloring!

Sharon Noble said...

Hiya crafty friend thank you so much for joining us at I love pro markers challenge blog I adore your beautiful coloured creation it’s gorgeous. Big hugs Sharon DT feel free to visit me at https://sharonscreativeramblings.blogspot.com/

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

How pretty!! Those roses are beautiful and so is your coloring! Thanks for playing with the House That Stamps Built.