Thursday, March 28, 2019

Summer Days

     Ok, now that we've had consistently warm days for more than a week, I can believe that summer is right around the corner.  Unfortunately for me, I live in an area where it gets really HOT during our summer months and I hate the heat.  :-(  But I do love summer grilling so this cute image from Limited Runs for the latest Progressive Challenge was just what I needed.  I'll probably use this as a birthday card for my son since he not only has a summer birthday but he's a master at the grill (just ask him - he'll tell you!)


     I colored with ProMarkers, then cut the image with a Sizzix die. The pale yellow circle was cut with a die from QuicKutz.  The sentiment was printed and hand cut.  I found a bit of golden, satin ribbon in my stash and wrapped it around the kraft CS front.  I used one of my signature bows, leaving it white this time, and added only a pearl as I was sewing it.

     Challenges:
Aud Sentiments
Cardz TV
Crafty Creations
Dream Valley
House that Stamps Built
Incy Wincy
Jo's Scrap Shack
Simon Says Stamp

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Ahh!! To be chillin' and grillin'!! Can't wait for those days!! Such a fun card!

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous, love the cute chef and design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jo said...

Perfect card for a man.....all my boys love to grill.....and one of them is a chef but doesn't get a look in lol x

Lori m said...

Adorable card...wish we had some of your hotter temperatures here...tomorrow calling for more snow....burr...hugs, Lori m

*Vicki* said...

That image is so cute and I'm with you on the outdoor grilling! We try to do it as year around as we can until the snow starts to come in!! LOL!! Fabulous card! HUGS

Esther Asbury said...

It gets very HOT where I live as well -- but that just makes me all the more thankful for air conditioning! (smile) Love your cute grill card! Thanks for linking up to the "Anything Goes" challenge over at The House That Stamps Built!

Donna Ellis said...

Cute masculine card, Connie! Love it! Hugs, de

Heather said...

I'm glad you think summer is just around the corner; we are still working on spring arriving! Anyway, this card is very cute! Great image for summer and the yellow die cut piece looks kind of like a sun shining down on the little guy. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Heather said...

Should have checked your list of challenges when I was here before! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack, too.

Elaine said...

A fun card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Monica C. said...

Your card is cute! I love summer, fortunately we have eternal summer here in FL.
Hugs Monica

Teresa Arsenault said...

Great card. What an adorable little chef. hugs, Teresa

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT