Monday, March 11, 2019

Luck o' the Irish

     I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE House Mouse stamps and when I downsized everything in the big move, I got rid of most of my rubber stamps.  But not the House Mouse!  I kept every one of those, even though there's not enough room without storing them in boxes which have to be tucked neatly away until it's time to dig through all of them to find that one particular stamp wanted for a particular project, like this one!


I started with the colors from My Favorite Things
and the sketch found at C.R.A.F.T. this week.

 

     I used ProMarkers to color the image, then cut it and distressed the edges a tiny bit.  I matted the image with deep green CS which had been cut with a Tonic Studios die. 

     I used Tonic Studios dies to cut each of the pieces of dp (all scraps), although I had to adjust the placement of the dies and cut each piece twice in order to get the shapes I wanted.  I printed and then die cut the sentiment and the CS mat for it, doing the same adjustment process to get the size and shaped I wanted.

     There were so many shapes and patterns in the dp that I felt the card didn't need any additional embellishment.  There was already enough to please the eye and anything more would have just been a distraction.

     Challenges:
Creative Knockouts
Cute Card Thurs.
Happy Craft
House Mouse
Outlawz Festive Fri.
Southern Girls

     Wishing you a very green March and all the luck you may need.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How sweet!! :)

Lori m said...

Adorable, hugs, Lori m

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous designed creation, lovely colours too. Thanks for entering our challenge theme of "'Stripes and / or Dots'" and good luck in the draw.
[aussie aNNie Design Team Member for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenges]

Sheryl said...

Great take on our sketch.
Thanks for joining us at CRAFT.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Aunty Sue said...

Great card and image thanks for sharing at craft this week

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card my friend, I adore this cute mouse and wonderful layout too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

The cutest of cutest, great image and choice of papers, they could have looked too much, but they are Super. Love the card Connie.
Faith
x

*Vicki* said...

Awe! He IS such a cutie and I don't blame you ONE BIT for not wanting to "get rid" of the HM stamps!! I still have mine and really need to be dusted off a bit for some kind of use!! This card is stunning and I love the colors along with your take on the sketch here Connie!! DT hat time says: Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Crafting Andy said...

Love this. I just can't part with any of my old stamps. But have absolutely no room. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

Brenda said...

Great job of using our sketch this week. Your coloring is gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

Monica C. said...

This is so cute! I love House Mouse too!
Hugs Monica

@d_e_crafts said...

Cute image and great fit for our sketch. Thank you for joining us at the CRAFT challenge this time.

Bunny said...

What a great job you did in coloring this. It's a cute card and I love the papers you used. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

Lori Kobular said...

Your Luck of the Irish card is adorable! I love the little mouse and the papers that you used behind the image look amazing!

Sue said...

Love your lucky little mouse and your beautiful card. You know what they say, if you are lucky enough to be Irish, you're luck enough!! Thanks for joining our challenge and sharing your card at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card NanaConnie
Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
Goodluck and hope we see you again.

Gr Karin DT Member