Friday, March 15, 2019

"Cheesy" Birthday

     Good Morning and a happy Friday to you!  Friday means another challenge is starting at QKR Stampede for this week and we have our usual "Anything Goes" theme.  Remember, you can use any images from any company.  If you decide to use something from QKR (or our sister company, Eureka Stamps), your entry goes into a separate draw and that greatly increases your chances of winning QKR images!

     I used a fun QKR image today to  make a masculine birthday card.  It's called "Sharing 24215" and it's a fun and silly try to share a bit of cheese as a birthday offering.  I don't think I've ever been given cheese as a present but then, I haven't invited many mice show up at my parties.  lol


     I decided I wanted to see how many shades of blue I could use on this so I colored the image with ProMarkers and pencils (3 different blues), then cut it with a die from Spellbinders.  I printed and cut the arm/hand holding the cheese twice more and fussy cut them, adding them in flat layers so that it has a bit of dimension.  I mounted the image piece onto an ocean blue card base, and added aqua blue glitter to the negative holes in the die cut.

     The birthday sentiment was cut from navy blue CS with a Memory Box die.  I mounted the words onto white CS and trimmed them to the general word shape, using scissors.

     I added a hand-sewn bow with a baby blue button and called it finished.

     Challenges:
Crafting by Designs
Creative Fingers
Cute N Crafty
Cuttlebug Mania
Digi Choosday
House that Stamps Built (birthday/ribbon/button)
Mod Squad
Outlawz Festive Friday
Papercraft
Time Out

     I hope we're going to see you playing along this week.  We love being inspired by you!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Monica C. said...

Great mini challenge on the shades of blue. That mouse is hilarious! Love him.
Hugs Monica

Linda Simpson said...

This is brilliant Connie, love the image with his cheese.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

Well he looks like a "cheesy" fellow with that grim too! :) Love the die cut sentiment and fabulous coloring here Connie! Have a great weekend!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So fun!! :D

sandie said...

This is a fab guy card-adore your colouring. Thanks for joining Time Out

ScrappyHorses said...

Such a fun image; I love coloring denim! Great choice of blues! Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Choosday! ~Katrina

Heather said...

Cute! Blue is my favorite color, so I can never really get enough of it! : ) What a fun shape for your image panel, too! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Doris P. said...

Very funny Image! Thank you for joining us at Papercraft Challenge.
Greetings Doris

Esther Asbury said...

Love that fun image you used on your adorable birthday card! So happy you linked up to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge over on The House that Stamps Built.

MariLynn said...

Great coloring. Especially on the blue jeans. I myself would be suspicious of a mouse sharing cheese with me. Thanks for sharing your card with Crafting by Designs.

Jill V said...

A very fun image and a great birthday card - thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill