Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Meant to Be

     A really quick post this morning with only short prattling about how the card was made.  When I saw this sentiment/image at Bugaboo Stamps, I grabbed it right away but this is the first chance I've had to use it.  It's a sentiment I truly believe.  :-D


I based this on the sketch at The Outlawz.


     I used ProMarkers to color the flowers, then cut the image piece with a rectangle die from QuicKutz, inking the edges before adding it to the striped background dp (Echo Park.)  I used a scrap of mulberry paper which has been on the desk for at least a month and grabbed the gingham ribbons, one to wrap and one to make into a bow.  I thought the 3 pearls on each side of the image piece would set that off a bit.

     Challenges:
Catch the Bug (third column)
Crafting by Designs
Creative Knockouts (Pearls/Image/Ribbon)
Double D
Scrappy Land
Words 2 Craft By

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Beautifully done, Connie, and gorgeous color combination. I especially like how you've incorporated the gingham and stripes with that pretty sketch! lovely! hugs, de

Michelle B. said...

Hi Stranger! I love seeing your creations in blog land! Another beautiful creation and I love the colors! Thanks so much for playing Tic Tac Toe at Creative Knockouts!

Vicki said...

Lovely card! The colors are so happy and Spring like. Pretty gingham ribbon. Thanks for joining the Double D "Gingham" Challenge.

Barbara said...

I am glad that you got to use that sentiment as it so so true. Great colors to make it fresh and spring-like. I am enjoying your entry and thanks for joining in the fun at Double D "Gingham" challenge. Good luck.
Barbara DT member

Monica C. said...

I saw this card on Outlawz! It is just gorgeous.
Hugs Monica

Darlene said...

Very pretty Connie ... love those gingham ribbons! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Gingham’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Celeste Goff said...

Beautiful card. I love the papers, the ribbon, and the great color scheme! Thank you for joining us at W2CB!

Sybrina K said...

Connie, You've shared another beautiful card! Love your sentiment, those pretty colors, and a great sketch interpretation. Thanks for sharing a second card with us this month at Words 2 Craft By. :)

CraftyGirl said...

NC, this is so pretty. I am very glad you joined us this week at Crafting By Designs. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge. :)

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Crafting By Designs Team Member

Julie Odil said...

Connie, I love this! That sentiment is awesome, the flowers and coloring are great, and I see you used mulberry paper. I keep forgetting to do that! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug. Julie O, Bugaboo DT

Lori Kobular said...

What an awesome sentiment! I may have to go grab that one for myself! I love how you emphasized that beautiful sentiment!

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the colors and the pretty sentiment!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts