Sunday, March 3, 2019

Edward Elephant for St. Patrick's

     I promised you another post today if I got the card finished and I did!  This is my second or third St. Patrick's card and I make them every year for all my grandkids to remind them that they have an Irish heritage on my side of the family.  It's also a fun turn-around on birthday cards since I celebrate my birthday on St. Paddy's Day and it's fun to send out cards on my birthday.  :-D

     This image came from Bugaboo Stamps and is so adorable.


My colors came from the board at Color My Heart Color Dare
and used the sketch from Stella Says Sketch.
       

     I colored Edward with my ProMarkers, then cut the image with a Memory Box, scalloped, stitched die.  All the papers and CS were scraps and snippets from my desk, even the three little flowers were die cut from a scrap of mulberry paper (Spellbinders dies.)

     I used my Linen embossing folder on the gold CS at the top and used my Scor-Pal to score the lines on the deeper green scrap of CS at the bottom.  I added gems to the flower centers and called it finished.

     Challenges:
Catch the Bug
Colour Crazy
Crafting with Friends
Cute Card Thurs.
Cut It Up
Dare 2B Artsy
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends 
Pixie's Snippets
Scor-Pal

     OK, that's it for today.  I'll be back tomorrow.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

18 comments:

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch, good luck!!! Amy DT

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This elephant is just a delight and so is your design!! Really cute, fun and happy!!

Davi said...

Adorable card NC I love that cute little elephant on the pretty backgrounds!! A great way to remind your grands of their heritage :)

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I love Bugaboo images, and I always wish I enjoyed coloring more and/or was better at it. You did a fantastic job. I love the addition of the three flowers all lined up next to your elephant and the color gradient you achieved with your papers.

Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Clover challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Lori m said...

Beautiful ....loving this Happy card. :) Lori m

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous card and image. Emma

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous, loving the spring colours and beautiful elephant.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Di said...

Aw Connie, what a lovely card - and the darling elephant is so cute! Lovely work.

Hugs

Di xx

Michelle said...

This is a fun and cute card! Love how you used the colors. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Patti J said...

Very cute card, and love your scored layer at the bottom! Thanks for joining us at Scor-Pal!

Treva said...

What an adorable card, love the image!

Thank you for sharing at Cut it Up for our clovers challenge.

-Treva
http://scrappint.blogspot.com/

*Vicki* said...

This is an absolutely delightful creation Connie!! Love the various shades of green and that darling circle image too!! :) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the adorable image and great take on the sketch!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda

Carole J said...

Oh this is such a sweet St Pat's card! Thanks for joining the fun at the Colour Crazy Challenge Blog. Good Luck with your entry! xx

Lyn said...

Such a fun tradition! They will love this one - it is a fun and fabulous card! Thanks for playing Long at Catch the Bug!

Min said...

Adorable! I love that you combined BOTH Bugaboo challenges! Thanks for playing along with our Bugaboo Stamps/Catch The Bug Challenge this week! Be sure to join us tomorrow for our newest Stella Says Sketch Challenge!
Hugs & Happy Days!
Min - Bugaboo Stamps Asst DT Coordinator

Vandra said...

Love the elephant and you've grabbed the colours for the challenge perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge. Hope you can join us again soon.

Miss. Carrie's Creations said...

Cute card. That flower border is adorable. Thank you for sharing your creation at Color My Heart Dare. 💙☕Miss. Carrie