Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Yellow Easter Rose

     I absolutely love the vintage feel of this card and I know exactly who's going to get it for Easter.  I have one friend in particular who adores anything vintage and this will be perfect for her.  She also loves yellow roses so, of course, that was the color I chose for the main focal point.


     I printed the image in gray scale, then colored it with ProMarkers.  I printed the sentiment and cut both image and sentiment with Unbranded, oval, dies.  I found a strip of scrap lace, trimmed it to size, and added it to the left edge of the card front.

     I used one of my signature, hand-sewn bows, which I 'dyed' yellow to match the main rose, then added a tiny button.

      Challenges:
Crafty Addicts
Crafty Friends
Dare 2B Artsy
Dragonfly Dreams
Get Creative
Jo's Scrap Shack
Southern Girls
Take It, Make It
Unicorn
Word Art Weds.

     That's it for today.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Monica C. said...

This is a beautiful vintage card and that yellow rose pops out of the bouquet so beautifully.
Hugs Monica

Lori m said...

Gorgeous card, pretty images and love the lace, hugs, Lori m

*Vicki* said...

Your Vintage roses are absolutely stunning!! Such a elegant and pretty card Connie! HUGS

Linda Simpson said...

Vintage and yellow roses, right up my street and simply adore this gorgeous card Connie.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, so elegant! Love the lace on the edge!

R's Rue said...

❤️

crafty said...

A lovely vintage card. Thank you for joining in the challenge at Dragonfly Dreams.
Mary

Teresa Arsenault said...

Beautiful card. I love how you matched your bow to the yellow flower. hugs, Teresa

TracyM #6773 said...

BEAUTIFUL card!
Love your ornate oval image and sentiment panels, adore your lace border and yellow bow!
Thank You for joining our Flora and Fauna with Team Lou challenge at the Southern Girls Challenge :)

Ellen said...

Lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen