Sunday, March 10, 2019

Land of Fruit and Nuts

     Beccy's Place is always one of my favorite places to play and Beccy always offers a freebie, which you can use if you wish.  I usually work with something from my collection of her images, as I did this time.  I adore this little critter and he was perfect for a Welcome card for a new neighbor who moved here (California) from Wisconsin.


     I colored with ProMarkers, adding highlights with a white gel pen, then cut the image with a hexagon die from Spellbinders.  The card base is made from smoky gray CS, embossed with my 'Linen' folder.  The dp was a left over scrap from previous projects which seemed to work well with the overall design.  I cut it so that I could line up one of the 'corners' of the hexagon with one of the half-diamonds on the paper. 

     I printed the sentiment, hand cut it, and added it to the upper corner.  Finally, I 'dyed' one of my hand sewn bows with a lilac ProMarker, added a gem to it, and called the card finished.  It's a card for a guy so I kept embellishment to a minimum.

     Challenges:
Aud Sentiments
Crafting with Friends
Crafty Hazelnut's
Die Cut Divas
Dies R Us
Southern Girls
Sparkles Forum
Take It, Make It
Your Scrapbook Place

     That's all I have for today.  I hope your weekend is going well and that you found a bit of crafting time.  I've been at it since very early yesterday morning since the weekend is pretty much when I do my crafting these days.  I've already completed 4 cards and have 3 more planned for completion today.   Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

:D :D :D This card make me giggle, how cute and hilarious!! The sentiment is just perfect to compliment the fun image!

Monica C. said...

I had to chuckle at your card. That little guy is so sweet!
Hugs Monica

Darlene said...

OMG what a cute image! Great job Connie! Thanks for the chuckle! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘For The Men/Boys in our Lives’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Linda Simpson said...

Just love this the image is so cute. Loving the harlequin paper too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is a typical Connie card and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I guess your new neighbour will too.
Faith
x

Donna Ellis said...

hahaha! I can always tell which are your cards before your blog even pops up. This is darling, Connie, and typical of your fun sentiments, too! I think once a Californian, always a fruit and nut, because I'm a transplant from CA to CT and FL and still am fruity and nutty in my own special ways. Wonderful card, Connie, and your neighbor will love it! hugs, de

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous card. Looks like he got caught stuffing his face. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Love Dawn x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card NanaConnie love the cute image and great design with lining up the papers --hope you are well.Thank you for joining us at Crafting With Friends
Carol DT x

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! That image is so stinkin' CUTE! Such a fun sentiment you've used for it too!! I think it fits him very nicely indeed! Love the purples added in here too!! :) HUGS

Arlene said...

Creative and cute. So glad you joined us for the March challenge of "Anything Goes".

Gina said...

Oh my gosh this is so cute :D Love the sentiment you added too lol Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut's PPC XXX

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

Paddington fan said...

What a sweet little critter! Thank you for joining our animal challenge over at Sparkles this month, I do hope you'll join us again very soon,
Love Jacky x
Sparkles DT

Kathy Krug said...

This type of card always makes me smile. Such a happy critter. Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
Kathy
DRU DT

Beccy said...

Gorgeous card NC! Love the sentiment and I'm sure your new neighbour will get a kick out of it too. I really like the way you lined the image panel up with the patterned paper... that's a nice touch. The coloured bow is great too, I like the tip of colouring with your markers for an exact colour match. Well done.
Cheers,
Beccy