Monday, April 22, 2019

Calico Cats

     While I was fur-baby sitting three additional cats last week, my sweet SIL sent me photos of the most precious calico cat which had apparently been abandoned when a family moved away.  She's friendly, healthy, and my SIL has been feeding her on the back patio.  She was hoping that I'd adopt the little calico girl but I'm still debating.  In honor of the possible new feline, I did this card, using an image from Ike's World.  Aren't they precious?  Clearly best friends.      :-D


     These are the easy kind of calico cats - no feeding and no litter box!  lol  
I started with the colors from My Favorite Things.


     I colored with ProMarkers, then cut the image with a die from Spellbinders.  I found two scraps of dp on the desk and cut them with the same die, then offset them behind the image.  I wrapped a strip of satin ribbon around a bit of lace, making it into a bow, and added that.  A really quick and easy design but one which looks much more complex and time consuming because of the frilly die cuts and the fancy lace bow.

     Challenges:

     For those of you who get a day off for Easter Monday, enjoy the long weekend and take a deep, refreshing breath of that spring air.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable card!
I hope so much that you adopt that poor abandoned kitty!!! :) Be good...! :D

Jo said...

Love your Calico cats NanaConnie.......hope the real Calico cat finds a home with you! xx

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my! How cute are these! I love the cute cats and wonderful frame you have used and such a sweet bow.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

How cute your calico kitties are, Connie! And great idea putting the pink die cut upward and the coordinating blue one below. It's a darling card. Speaking of Calico Cat - that is the store where I discovered stamping back in 1989. They had a tiny corner filled with gold EP, Milwaukee heat tools, PSX floral stamps, and Tombow markers. I was hooked! So your kitties brought up great memories for me! hugs, de

jimlynn said...

I love your fun and pretty card Connie - and BY ALL MEANS - ADOPT that little calico cat. He/she needs a special mom and I know you're special. Don't even think twice about it - and I can't wait to see a picture.
Lynn

Monica C. said...

Cute card! Love the choice of DP papers to compliment your blue and pink coloring.
Hugs Monica

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card and adorable image. Thank you for playing along at Creative Inspirations, good luck!
Hugs
Gina xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE these fabulous cats, yep! easier than a real one LOL.
Faith x

Lori m said...

This is the sweetest card, adorable kittens, hugs, Lori m

Ellibelle said...

The cats are so cute! A great design too!

Janette said...

Thanks so much for sharing your cute card with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Alina Florea said...

This is such a cute card. Love the coloring and the layout. Thank you for entering our challenge at Scrapy Land, best of luck! Alina DT

Aunty Sue said...

Great card thanks for sharing at Crafty catz this week and hope to see you back in the next challenge

Mimi said...

Oh how adorable. I recently used this image of Ike's so much fun to colour but I think you did a far better job than me :) :) Thank you for joining us this month at IKEsWORLD, hugs Mimi xxxx

Sharon Noble said...

Hiya thank you for joining us at I love pro markers big hugs Sharon xxx

ike said...

Such a super sweet card and thank you for using my images =^..^=
I bet you won't be able to resist the sweet calico :-D
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD and SUYP Challenges
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog