Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Something Wonderful Easter

     Today I have the honor of being a Guest Designer at Through the Craft Room Door.  Their theme is always "Anything Goes" and I decided on something for Easter.  Over the years, I've given up most of my rubber stamps, changing primarily to digital images because they require so little storage space.  I did keep this rubber Easter stamp (Bankes Vintage Stamps), mostly because I love the vintage aspect, and how it can look 'lineless' if stamped with light ink.  I used an ink pad called "Old Photo," a pale, sepia-brown ink.


I was inspired by the colors at Prika Crafts.

     I colored with ProMarkers and added the 'sponging' with chalks.  I chose two different Fiskars corner punches to shape the image corners after cutting it with a plain rectangle die from QuicKutz.  I printed the top sentiment and hand cut it, but the bottom sentiment (Always Believe) comes from Clear Dollar Stamps (now closed.)

     The leafy vines were cut with a Cheery Lynn die and the mulberry paper flower was cut with a die from Spellbinders.  I added glitter to the flower petals and a gem stone to the center.  Everything was mounted onto an aqua card base.

     Challenges:
A Bit More Time to Craft
Bastel-Traum
Country View Crafts
Crafts Galore Encore
Creative Moments
Dies R Us
Friendship
Outlawz Greetings
Scrap from Your Heart

     That's all I have for today but I'm wishing you Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

22 comments:

theras kartenblog said...

Your card looks great! I like the design and the colours.
Thanks for sharing at Friendship Challenge.
Good luck and best wishes!
Ilse (thera)

*Vicki* said...

Your Vintage design looks amazing Connie!! Lovely Easter card and congrats on your guest spot my friend!! HUGS

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous vintage Easter card, just love the sweet image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OMG, your colouring of this fab stamp is off the page Connie. I love it.
Thanks for your lovely comments.
Faith x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card and coloring, congrats on your GD spot!

jimlynn said...

Congrats on the guest spot!
Absolutely gorgeous coloring on that image!!! WOW! A beautiful, beautiful card.
Lynn

Lori Kobular said...

Congratulations on your Guest Designer position! I love the Vintage look to your beautiful card!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Lots of cards this week, and each one so unique and beautiful! You must have enjoyed all the fun designs and techniques. Connie, this blog header is so cute, and utterly Connie with its whimsy. Wishing you a great week! Hugs, de

Katrine said...

A lovely eastercard. Thanks for joining us at scrap from Your heart. Hugs Katrine

Darlene said...

So, so pretty Connie! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes using dies from companies carried at the DRU Store’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Lucille K said...

Lovely Easter card, the colors are perfect for this time of year. TY for joining us at Die Cut Divas :)

Maria said...

A very pretty image card with lovely image and pretty vine with flower! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us for the challenge!

Monica C. said...

Lovely card! I can see why you kept that stamp, it does have such a vintage vibe to it.
Hugs Monica

Arlene said...

Your card is lovely, but I'm afraid I don't see any water aspect on it and I don't see that Die Cut Divas is on your list, so it must have been a mistake. Always think of us.

Arlene of the Die Cut Divas for our April "It's all about water" challenge.

Momo said...

Dear NanaConny!
The sight of your blog banner with the cute cat just gave me a smile. Thanks for that!
I'm glad to have your pretty Easter card in the Friendship Challenge.
Thanks for your participation in our Challenge. I wish you a lot of fun and I would be very happy, you will also be part of it in our next challenge.
Many greetings
Momo
Do you know that you can show TWO projects in the Friendship Gallery?

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Liebe Nana Connie,
eine wunderschöne Osterkarte hast du gestaltet. Sie gefällt mir sehr gut. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Friendship Challenge. Liebe Grüße Silvia

Shweta Tapsi Khode said...

Beautiful. I really loved it. Thank you for participating at Prika this month.
All the best!

CI Shweta
Prika

berucrafts said...

aan nostalgic card.. or vintage... love it...
Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

Hugs and good luck
Ute
DT bastel-traum challenge

UPCYCLED by Manasa said...

Lovely. Thank you so much for participating this month at Prika Blog challenge. Good luck!

Manasa Priya,
CI- Prika

Prika-All About Crafts said...

Thank you for sharing your project for our ongoing blog challenge...wish you good luck and best wishes :)

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

Your easter card is fantastic
Thanks for joining us at Friendship
Happy Easter!! Anja

rachel said...

Gorgeous Easter card - really lovely! Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges. Hugs rachel