Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Coffee Mouse

     Happy May 1, what we used to call May Day when we secretly delivered little tussie-mussies to the neighbors.  Those of you not familiar with the term "tussie-mussie," they are little, cone-shaped, containers for holding a few flowers, and they come from Victorian times.  If you do a search online, I'm sure you'll find photos of them.

     Since it's the first of the month, I'm posting my DT card for the new challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.  As usual, the theme is always "Anything Goes with a Featured Critter."  Our sponsor this month is Fabrika Fantasy and I used one of their delightful little mice.  The image is called "Forest Mouse" and I think he's so adorable!


     Before printing the image, I used tools in MS Word to lighten the outlines as much as possible so that when I colored with ProMarkers, it would look more like a drawing than a stamped image.  I'm doing more of these because I need some practice but overall, I'm happy with the result.

     I cut the image with a cross-stitch die from Lawn Fawn.  I dug through all the scraps, large and small, which were 'decorating' my desk and decided on these two plaid pieces.  Both are from a paper pad by Your Next Stamp called Mint Chocolate Kisses.

     The raffia mesh ribbon was also on the desk and I thought it gave some great texture when added between the image and the background.  The card is going to go to one of the guys in my family so I left off embellishing it, letting the plaid patterns do all the work.  Even on non-masculine cards, I still prefer 'ribbon' to flower embellies because the cards are flatter and easier to mail.

     Challenges:
As You Like It
Cardz TV
Crafty Catz
Jo's Scrap Shack
Lemon Shortbread
Outlawz Festive Fri.
Scrapper's Delights

     I do hope we're going to see you playing along with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month.  We love being inspired by you.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Connie, the mouse is amazing, coloured so beautifully, love the lightened lines, I must have a go, as it looks fabulous, love your papers and your card.
Faith x

Lori Kobular said...

Love the papers you matched to your coloring of that cutie pie mouse! Great card!

Linda Simpson said...

This is stunning! That mouse is fabulous and loving the textures you have added too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

You'll have to teach me how to lighten the lines in an image! Love the looks of this little guy and he's colored to perfection. Super cute!
Lynn

Julie Odil said...

Connie, I saw this at The Outlawz, and just love your coloring on the mouse. Awesome job!

Donna Ellis said...

What a fabulous technique to enhance your beautiful coloring skills, Connie! It’s a darling creation! XXOO

Tina Chianna said...

Oh I love the earthy tones used in this creation, the layering and your colouring is spot on. The added fibres give that extra texture (got to love a card you can stroke) ... thankyou so much for joining in the challenge at Scrapper's Delights and good luck. Tina Chianna DT

Monica C. said...

Oh that colored image is wonderful! Your card is lovely with the minimal embellishment.
Hugs Monica

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Fabulous. Love your coloring on this adorable mouse. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Jo's Fun Friday. AJ DT JFF

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Super card...thanks so much for sharing it with us at Scrapper's Delights Challenge...Good luck with your entry!!
Hugs Donna (DT) xx

Larissa said...

Great card with a lovely image. I really like how you coloured it. Thanks so much for joining us at As you like it.

Hugs,
Larissa

Victoria Rowson said...

Lovely card! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrappers Delights Challenge Blog and the best of luck with your entry. Victoria DT

Victoria Rowson said...

Also Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful card with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. I hope you can join us again soon.
Victoria DT