Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Gladioli for Mom

     This is my second post of the day and I want to welcome you to our latest challenge at SheepSki Designs.  Our theme this month is "Flower Power" and Andrea has some of most incredible flower images, including this one "Gladioli No. 142."


     I remember my mom grew glads in her garden and my favorites of all the colors she raised were a soft, peachy-pink that faded into almost white around the very edges of the petals.  I tried to re-create those when I colored this image with ProMarkers and water colors.  I cut the image with a rectangle die from QuicKutz and inked the edges with a ProMarker.

     I printed the sentiment using a computer font, then cut that with an Unbranded die.  The circle was cut with a die from Memory Box. 

     Challenges:
Allsort's 
Colour Crazy
Crafty Creations
Di's Digi Designs
Paperbabe Stamps
Pattie's Creations
Pile It On
Polkadoodles
Word Art Weds.

     If you missed my first post of the day for 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, scroll down one post.  I hope to see you at both challenges.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie    

13 comments:

AndreaNorris said...

Amazing effect with the white edging to the flowers NC, what a totally gorgeous card!
Andrea x

Lori Kobular said...

Love the way you layered the different colored papers! Those gladies look beautiful!

Kathleen said...

A really lovely flower image and a great background. Thank you for joining our 'Feminine' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Linby said...

Lovely flowers and great colouring.
Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

Donna Ellis said...

Congratulations on your GDT gig, Connie! It’s a beautifully colored card and such lovely colors!

Billie A said...

Beautiful flowers and colors. So glad you shared over at Colour Crazy challenge.
Billie A
Colour Crazy Challenge
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Catz

brenda said...

A super floral creation for our 'Feminine' theme at Allsorts this week, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

These look so real, a beautiufl card and colouring Connie.
My MiL was named Gladys, I always called her Gladiola, so seeing these brought back fond memories.
Faith x

jimlynn said...

Totally gorgeous! LOVE your card and those beautiful flowers. I told my daughter we needed to plant some glads next year. Such a pretty flower. Great card design!.
Lynn

Monica C. said...

Beautiful card, I love those gorgeous flowers.
Hugs Monica

Judy V said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us for Week 17 at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge!

Nathalie said...

Very gorgeous & elegant card! Thank for playing with us at Di's Digi challenge.
Nathalie DT

LOU said...

Beautiful card Connie. Love your colouring.
Thanks so much for joining us at Colour Crazy Challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
Lou DT xo
JemLou Productions