Saturday, May 18, 2019

Birthday Giraffes

     I have a dear friend who moved away last year (I mean really away - like 350 miles away!) and she loves giraffes.  For as many years as we've known each other, I've made her birthday cards with giraffe images on them.  I decided just because she lives in another city now was no reason to change that pattern.  I just had to make her card flat and easy to mail.


     I colored with ProMarkers, then cut the image with a simple rectangle die from QuicKutz.  The card base is kraft CS, and I added an embossed scrap to the background.  I inked the edges of both the image piece and the embossed rectangle.

     The ribbon was in my stash and I used one of my signature, hand-sewn bows which I had 'dyed' with a yellow ProMarker.  Ribbons and bows are definitely my favorite embellies!  I put a tiny drop of Liquid Pearls on the bow to hide the thread I used when wrapping the center of the bow.  I also added three, flat, metal brads to the top corner.

     I put the birthday sentiment on the inside, made with die cut letters and words.  The letters were made with a Memory Box die and the word "birthday" was cut with a Tim Holtz/Sizzix die to which I added loose glitter.


     Challenges:
Crafty Addicts
Crafty Catz
Creative Knockouts
I {heart} ProMarkers
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
Paper Funday
Scrappy Land
Word Art Wednesday

     That's all for today.  I doubt I'll even get any coloring or crafting done today.  I really need a day of doing nothing to get the shoulder healed up.  Happy Crafting to all of you.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Oh Connie, I am so sorry to hear your shoulder is not better. You take care of yourself. A beautiful card and just adore the giraffes.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jac’s Playground said...

Fabulous image for someone who loves giraffes and so beautifully coloured, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Donna Walls said...

Love the card and espcially the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges and best of luck in the draw! Donna - DT Member

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE the giraffes, this really is a beautiful card and I'm sure your friend will be over the moon with it.
Faith x

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful card and fabulous design! Hugs, de

*Vicki* said...

Connie, the giraffes are colored beautifully here! Love the texture and design of your card!! I'm sure your friend will be so happy you've thought of her! Love that sentiment! LOL!

Catrin Goodwin said...

A wonderful card for you friend, the Giraffes are fab - Thank you for joining us at Creative knockouts Cat x

Lori Kobular said...

Such a beautiful card, the giraffes are adorable and you colored them perfectly! Love it!

Monica C. said...

Sorry that your friend moved so far away. At least modern technology helps us to communicate despite the miles. Love your card with the giraffes and that glittery die cut inside is beautiful.
Hugs Monica

Sharon Noble said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous Thanks for joining us at I 💖 Promarkers. Big hugs Sharon xxxx

Judy Markowitz said...

OMG I adore your giraffes card! I am a huge giraffe fan and your work on this card is really beautiful. I just love everything about it! And thank you so much for joining us for this challenge at Scrapy Land and we hope to see you again for the next one!