Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Puppy Greetings

      I'm sharing a card today which I made for my daughter's birthday.  A few months back, she and her family adopted a stray puppy who was a few months old.  He's white and gorgeous, and was so big when they took him in that she thought he was fully grown.  A trip to the vet for a basic check up and vaccinations confirmed that he was about 5 months old and that he was a Great Pyrenees, easily destined to weigh in at over 100 pounds!

     He fell in love with my daughter, instantly becoming "her" puppy, although he's very loving and will happily accept attention from anyone in the family.  He's 'enthusiastic' about everything he does, with tail wagging at top speed, and with his entire body overcome by wiggles.  

     When I saw this image in a friend's collection, I begged for a print of it so that I could use it on this card.  The image was colored with water color paints and cut with a Tonic Studios die, as was the frame around it.  The papers are from DCWV and the bow is one of my hand-sewn, signature style bows which I sew up by the dozens and toss in my stash for future use.  I make them all with white ribbon and then use ProMarkers to 'dye' them the color I want for each individual card.  This time, I wanted rusty orange and brown autumn tones.


     Challenges:

     I just had to share a photo of Ranger so that you can understand his size.  He's not even a year old yet!  This is how he "sits" on the couch.  He just backs up to it until his rear end is secured but keeps his front feet on the floor.  That "child" behind him is my college-age (junior) granddaughter.  lol 


     Here's another of him sprawled across a patio table which seats 10 people.


     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

Arlene said...

The perfect image for your daughter's Birthday. So darn cute! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our November "Anything Goes" challenge.

Lori m said...

Love your card, beautiful photos, Ranger is beautiful and a very big boy. Hugs, Lori m

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh my - that's one large dog! And I thought my sister's boxer was big - LOL! Darling card, Connie - so glad you linked up for our Die Cut Diva challenge!!

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Terrific story and peek into your family life! That doggy image is very adorable and makes for a great birthday card! --Becca

Tone K. said...

Ohhh....sooo supercute :) Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

Billie A said...

Oh your card is so cute. Love the image and the way you did the watercoloring. Thanks for sharing over at HLS watercolor.

Carole J said...

Haha ... this is a perfect card for your daughter, NanaConnie. So lovely that she adopted a puppy and such a surprise that he's going to be huge! I love your description of his enthusiasm and love for his new family :) Your bows are gorgeous, too - such a good idea to make batches in white and die them to match your cards.
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” November Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations