Saturday, November 5, 2022

Child in the Manger

      I spent so much time making cards for the Month of Holidays at Beccy's Place this morning that I completely forgot to post the card I finished last night.  I've done cards all the way through "H" but I may not be posting them in order.  The one I made for "F" is actually doing double duty and will be a card I did for a new DT position I was offered and accepted.  But you won't see it until November 28th.  :-D

     This is my third card posted so far and it's for the Letter "C."  It's a Criss-Cross card (see a tutorial from Beccy here), and I've done Coloring, Cutting, used the Color Calm Blue, and used 2 Corner punches (Uchida and Fiskars.)   The image is from Beccy's Place and it's of the Christ Child in the manger.  

     I colored with ProMarkers, added glitter to his halo, and cut the image with my paper cutter before using 2 different corner dies on it.  I followed the tutorial from Beccy for making the criss cross card.  This would be a great time to tell you about the wealth of "How To" instructions Beccy has on her blog for making all different types and styles of fancy fold cards.  Check them out at this link: A to Z Card Folds.  Thanks, Beccy, for having all those tutorials in one convenient place.  I know those have taken you a ton of time to create!

     The glittery angels were cut with a Memory Box die and I used a QuicKutz die to cut the octagon which I used as a clasp (oh, another C!) for the front criss cross.  I cut two, glued them together, and mounted them on a dimensional dot.  The edge of the criss cross slips behind it and yet easily flips open.


Open

     Challenges:

     See you tomorrow with my next post for Beccy's and probably another post as a DT for Conie Fong.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie 

6 comments:

Beccy said...

Your card is lovely NanaConnie, I really like the soft, muted colours you chose for the image. The golden halo is a wonderful addition... great idea to add the glitter to give it some extra sparkle. I also like the three little angels watching over the sweet baby. Fabulous!
Cheers,
Beccy
P.S. It's my pleasure NanaConnie, I do enjoy creating the tutorials!

Rhodidodi said...

I love the Criss Cross Card design and I like the way you have made the closure. I have often looked at Beccy's place for inspiration too!! Thank you for playing along with the challenge at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog

Cindy C. said...

It is a wonderful card indeed! Thanks for playing along with us this November at Die Cut Divas.

Debbie Mageed said...

What a beautiful holiday card, NanaConnie! This fold is so much fun to make and really steps up a holiday card. Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Debbie
Secrets To Stamping

Kampin' Karen said...

Nana Connie, what a cool card (sticking with the C's...lol) and the baby's face is so peaceful. I like how you did the angels too. Thank you for playing at Creative Creases.
Karen, DT

Arlene said...

How unique and lovely. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our November "Anything Goes" challenge.