Saturday, November 12, 2022

Joy Fold Card

      Today I'm sharing a Joy Fold Card for the letter "J" in the 30 Days of Holidays at Beccy's Place.  The sentiment image is from Beccy's Place and I followed the tutorial Beccy has available (click on  the word tutorial to see it.)  In addition to the Joy Fold, I have Jade green, Juniper green, and Joy in the sentiment.

     This was one of the easiest cards I've done, yet it looks much more complex.  I know I'm going to be using it again.  The word Joy was colored by adding a layer of texture using Liquid Pearls as the 'paint.'  It took quite a while to dry but once it was dry, I cut the sentiment with a Spellbinders rectangle die.  The papers came from Authentic, K & Co., and DCWV.


     Challenges:

     I'll have a second post today, in about an hour, because I'm still trying to get caught up on the alphabet prompts over at Beccy's Place.  Be sure to check back later on.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

6 comments:

Suzanne H said...

Great idea to use the liquid pearls as paint. They have such a nice shimmer to them. Lovely card!

Beccy said...

I love joy folds too NanaConnie, and agree that they look much more complicated than they are. They're also great for using up little pieces of cardstock that get trimmed off from other sorts of folds. I like the way you've painted the letters with liquid pearls... what a great effect! Gorgeous mix of papers too.
Cheers,
Beccy

Judy McKay said...

Lovely Joy fold card. Very pretty. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hope to see you back here again soon, Judy DT

Diane said...

So pretty, love that colorful JOY!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On earth!
Diane POE CO-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Donna Parrott said...

What a great project! Thanks for joining in with a Polkadoodles challenge, Donna P (DT)

crafty said...

Love the shimmery letters. Great idea to use Liquid Pearls. Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams for our Chritmas challenge.
Mary