Monday, November 7, 2022

Beccy's Place - "D"

      Yes, I know this one is out of order since I did Letter "E" yesterday but I finished yesterday's card before I got this one done.  Besides, keeping things completely alphabetical only matters if you're a librarian or a file clerk.  I'm neither, plus I'm retired so I can do it any way I like!  lol  This is for the 30 Days of Holidays at Beccy's Place.

     I followed another of Beccy's fabulous (and easy to follow) tutorials, this time for a Diamond Point card fold.  You can find it in the long, (long, long!) list of Beccy's Tutorials on her blog.  Just search by alphabetical order!  The card also has these "D"s: Decorations, Decorating, Diagonals, Deep red, Digital stamp, Die cutting, and Dimension.

     I used a pre-colored image, added glitter to each of the lights on the string decorating the giraffe (whose name is "Merle"), to the star over his head, to the Christmas ball hanging from his tail, and to hiss Santa stocking.  Merle was cut with a QuicKutz die.  The sentiment is also from Beccy's Place, and I printed and fussy cut it.  I matted it with a scrap of the same dp which is on the pieces behind the image (those are scraps, too), and trimmed that with scissors to fit the space.


     Challenges:

     See you with another 30 Days of Holidays post tomorrow.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

4 comments:

Beccy said...

Well done NanaConnie, your card is fabulous and you did a great job incorporating all those "D" words into your creation. I love what you've done with the image, all those sparkles look fantastic and really make the image pop! Love it.
Cheers,
Beccy

Diane said...

Very creative and fun and love how his lights 'glow'!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Colorful Options!
Diane CO DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Colorful Options}

Lori m said...

This is so cute, fun card and awesome card style, hugs, Lori m

Bonnie Lynn said...

What an adorable image and the fun folds of your card are fabulous. Thanks for joining us this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT