Tuesday, November 22, 2022

30 Days of Holidays - Letter "S"

      Another card done for the 30 Days of Holidays at Beccy's Place.  I know I haven't posted my cards for the letters "Q" or "R" yet but I don't have them done.  The "Q" card is taking forever to finish because it's very detailed and complex, and I have to take rest breaks because I'm still recovering from some tough respiratory issues.  But I do have a card to post today and I get to say thanks my sweet daughter for the dies I used to make this one.  She gave me this die set and another one, both from DIY Scrapbooking.  So this is a Special card just for her.

     My "S" items for this card are: Sparkle, Stitching, Silver, Sequins, and Sentiment.   I die cut sparkle glitter paper, both gold and white, then layered them in alternating colors.  I added three extra white 'leaves' behind the flower.  When I'm not using the traditional Christmas colors of red and green, I love the combo of gold and white because it makes everything looks rich and elegant.  When those are also sparkly, it's just an additional bit of WOW!

     The sentiment was cut with a die from Die-versions  I used a gold paint pen to create the faux stitching on two edges.  The sparkly sequins in the lower corner are silver but also have a hologram quality so they reflect a bit of gold sparkle, too.


     Challenges:
ABC Christmas (X-tra special)
     
     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow, this is such a classy and gorgeous design NC! Love the bits of sparkle with this one!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is stunning Connie.
Hugs
Faith x

Beccy said...

I'm intrigued about your "Q" card now NanaConnie... looking forward to seeing what you've created. No rush though.
Today's card is gorgeous, such a wonderful mix of colours. I agree that the gold and white are very elegant together, and they get an extra boost from the lovely dark background. Love the faux stitching you added too.
Cheers,
Beccy

Sarah said...

That's a very expensive looking card, such a great non-traditional colour combo. Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah DT

Angela B. said...

Thank you so much for entering the Twisted Thursdays Anything Goes challenge at https://theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.com

The Outlawz Twisted Thursdays Challenges. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next fun Anything Goes Challenge with optional twist.

Happy crafting,

Angela

https://outlawzchallenges.blogspot.com/