Thursday, October 26, 2023

Life's Too Short ...

      Today's my daughter's birthday and I hope she's going to be far too busy to visit my blog (which she doesn't do that often anyway) because I'm posting her Halloween card.  Yes, she's an adult, and yes, she has kids in college, and yes, I send her (and everyone else in my family; kids, grandkids, great-grands) Halloween cards just because it's so much fun!

     But this one will have special meaning to her and that means I need to tell you a little bit about the business she runs.  She's a Color Street stylist and if you've never heard of Color Street, check out her FB site, Michele's Magnificent Manis.  Color Street is dry nail polish strips which go on in a jiffy and are dry to the touch as soon as they are applied.  Since she started her business about 4 years ago, I've been using Color Street on my own nails and I have to say I love the product.  Everybody asks if it's stickers or stick-on nails, but it's not.  It's real nail polish but it comes in strips, not in a bottle and there's no waiting for it to dry once applied.

     So, when I saw this fabulous digital coloring page over on the Bogema Books site, I had to buy the entire coloring book just to get this image.  What could be more perfect?  Tatiana Bogema is the artist and I do love her pages.  I also bought one of her Christmas books while I was there.

     I sized the image for an A2 card, then printed it and used water color paints for coloring it.  I cut it with my largest Tonic Studios rectangle die and matted it with both black and orange CS scraps, trimmed to fit.  The sentiment came from a sign my daughter has in her vendor booth when she does sales events.  It seemed perfect for this image!  Isn't this a scream?


     Challenges:

     Sending a Happy Birthday wish to my daughter and thanks to all the rest of you for stopping by.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a fun card Connie, love it.
Faith x

*Vicki* said...

Such a spooky fun image Connie! Love the coloring and your sentiment is too funny!!

Kathie said...

Connie, this card is totally perfect for your daughter for Halloween and her beautiful nails. I do wish her well in her new business. What more do you want is pretty nails. Great card and thanks so much for sharing your card with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Tee said...

Wow this is great!!I love the water coloring and painted nails along with the sentiment, it is just perfect & fun!

Rachel said...

Fun card! I am sure your daughter appreciated it! Thanks for joining us at the Aloha Friday Challenge!