Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Happy Moo-lloween!

      The younger of my two granddaughters is attending Texas Tech in Lubbock, TX.  She was born in Texas but the family moved to California when she was Kindergarten age so returning to Texas has given her a different view of life.  

     Somehow, cows have become a running joke between her and the rest of the family, to the point where she has decorated her apartment with black and white cowhide patterns, and pictures of cows on the walls.  As you can imagine, the cow fascination has given me rich territory for cards.  :-D  Today's card is one of her Halloween cards.

     As soon as I saw this image (DeegitalMark), I had to grab it.  Then, as I searched that site (which was new to me) I saw more and more delightful cows dressed in Halloween garb and I ended up buying a set of 16 images.  I'm sending her several throughout the month, just to be funny.  This one was mailed last week.

     I printed the image in light grayscale, then used watercolors to color it, and added the pale gray shadow around the cow with marker.  I used a Spellbinders die to cut the image, and a QuicKutz die to cut the frame on which I had printed the sentiment.  I colored that frame orange with another marker, and inked the edges with a black ink pad.  The background paper was a scrap from the basket and I have no idea who made it.  I only know it's been in my stash of  leftovers for more years than I care to consider.


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

Curly said...

OMGosh this absolutely adorable and so beautifully coloured.I love that you and your granddaughter and the rest of the family have this ongoing joke. you can see the love you put into the colouring
Have a lovely day
Hugs Bridget

Lori m said...

This is fantastic,great coloring and card, hugs, Lori m

jimlynn said...

This will keep me smiling all day long! That image is just the cutest and you've colored it to perfection. She's going to LOVE this!
Lynn

Susan Renshaw said...

Loved the story behind this card with such a cute image!
Happy 31DOH!

Tee said...

This is the cutest Halloween card I've seen. Fun & adorable, beautifully colored- Gorgeous!

*Vicki* said...

Really cute image! Love the story with your card! That sentiment is hilarious!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm with your Granddaughter in loving cows. This is such an fun image witha great sentiment Connie, I'm sure she will love every one of those cows you bought.
Faith x

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining us at LeighSBDesigns annual 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop.
Wow. Beautiful Colouring of that cow. It looks like a photo.
Kat

Deanna Mulder said...

Love the cow image. It's adorable. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Craft and Create. Deanna DT

Anne Fenton said...

OMGosh your card is adorable, I love the cow!!! Thanks for joining the Festive Friday challenge.

valscraftings said...

FaBOOlous 🧡

Thanks for joining in our 2023 Halloween Blog Hop!
Val S - DT

http://www.LeighSBDesigns.com
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

Caroline said...

Lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Aloha Friday Challenge! //Dt Aloha Friday Challenge

My Side of Oz said...

The perfect Halloween card for a cow enthusiast! :) This is such an adorable image and I love it!

Fran Wing said...

HA-HA-HA-HA!, Connie! I have a similar thing going with one of my cousins who is a retired dairy farmer! This image is amazing - as is your water coloring technique. Thanks for joining us this month with what might be the silliest card!
Xoxo, Fran/DT

Het hobbyhoekje van Annie said...

Your card is lovely. Thanks for joining Star Stampz.
Annie (DT)

Lorie Hill said...

Such a cute card! Thank you for joining Festive Fridays on The Outlawz.

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness! The coloring on this is just amazing! Thanks for sharing with us at the Aloha Friday Challenge!