Sunday, October 15, 2023

Thanksgiving Wish

      I'm working on Thanksgiving cards these days, as well as Halloween and Christmas.  This adorable mouse is one of my favorite QKR Stampede images and I've used him on birthday cards, good luck cards, thinking of you cards, but I wanted to see if I could turn him into a cute Thanksgiving card and I think he's perfect!

     I colored with my Sanjoki markers, then fussy cut him with tiny scissors.  That cutting took ore time than either the coloring or putting all the pieces together to create the actual card.  :-D  I grabbed a Hero Arts die which was still lying on the craft desk and used it on a piece of orange CS.

     That die only cuts the interior part of a piece of paper (usually a rectangle 4.25" X 5.5"), not the edges, so I took my scissors again and fussy cut what is now the exterior shape of that orange piece, following the die cut bits.  I mounted the image onto it with dimensional dots, lifting the image off the background.  I found a wonderful piece of dp in an old DCWV 'Tres Chic' stack and trimmed it to size for the card front.  The sentiment was printed and fussy cut.


     Challenges:

     Thanks for visiting.  If you have time, and if you played in the September challenge at LeAnn's World 101, check out the winners post which went live today.  You could be the winner or even a Top 3!  While you're there, think about entering something into our "Anything Goes" challenge.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Lori m said...

This is so sweet, hugs, Lori m

*Vicki* said...

I remember getting those wishbones and I always got the short end! LOL Such a cute image and I love that pretty die cut frame you've used revealing the papers! I'm always up for more Halloween! :) LOL

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another of the images, I wish I had grabbed. He's perfect for any occasion, as you say, a wonderful card Connie.
Faith x

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this card - so cute with the wishbone. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creatalicious Challenge

Megan J said...

Hi Connie, a great card to celebrate your coming Thanksgiving, love the floral die cut with the mouse. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Miss Mudge said...

What a creative themed card! Thanks for joining at Di's Design Challenge!

Miss Mudge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Mudge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Very sweet card! I always got the short end of the wishbone lol! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge!

SarahR said...

What a super cute card, love that mouse! Thanks for joining in with our October challenge at Crafty Calendar Challenge - Sarah, DT.

Marlene Atkinson said...

A Sweet card. Thank you for sharing with us at WWCAC Challenge. Marlene