Friday, October 13, 2023

All About the Catnip

      This is a card that's doing double duty.  Since I'm on the Crafty Catz DT and since LeAnn's World 101 is sponsoring today's Crafty Catz challenge, for today's card I used the LeAnn's World 101 Progressive Challenge image for October as the focus.  It's called "Witches Brew." 

     While the name of the image indicates Halloween, I thought it would be fun to see if I could successfully use it on a non-Halloween card.  Since she has her witch hat on over her cute kitten ears, and since there's a kitty paw print on the teacup, I went with a catnip tea sentiment.  But you'll no doubt notice that I still used pretty traditional fall/Halloween colors

    The image is colored with Sanjoki markers, then cut with a die from Cutz Dies.  The background paper is from Recollections.  I added a small scrap of mulberry paper behind the image piece and feathered the edges of it.  The sentiment was cut with an Avery Elle die, then matted with a bit of orange dp.


     Challenges:

     We'd love to see you playing along in the LeAnn's Progressive Challenge which is on the Facebook page, and also in the Crafty Catz challenge where the theme is always Anything Goes.  But we also give you an optional twist each week and this week that twist is "Monochrome, except for the image."
  
     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

3 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A brilliant Halloween card
Have a lovely weekend Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Lori m said...

Adorable Halloween card, love your coloring, hugs, Lori m

Chris said...

A clever way to use the image, it's great to get extra use from a Halloween image, especially when it's as cute as this one.
xx