Sunday, October 8, 2023

Kitten's First Snow

      I have a dear friend who adores cats and kittens as much as I do and each Christmas I make her a card with kittens.  So, when I saw this adorable clip art image, I 'pounced' on it and made her Christmas card for this year.  Once again, I took a color image and printed it in light gray scale before coloring it myself.  The great thing about printing in gray scale is that you get all the shading and highlights which were in the original but you choose your own color palette.

     I colored with a combo of Sanjoki markers (sky and wall) and polychromos pencils (kittens, birds, and cherries on tree), plus white gel pen for snowflakes.  I cut the image with a square QuicKutz die and framed it with white CS, also cut with a Quickutz die.  The holly paper came from the scrap basket and I think it was from DCWV.  The sentiment is from Beccy's Place and I cut it with an Avery Elle die.

     Because this one has to be mailed, I left it very flat and without fancy embellishment.


     Challenges:
(In honor of Janis and her Cat Lovers Hop)



     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie    

16 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, NanaConnie! That's a brilliant idaa to print in greyscale and then colour the image, never would have thought of that! It looks very pretty, and so natural! Your friend will love it! Thanks so much for linking up your beautiful card at Christmas Kickstart's Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge! I hope you'll be back again with more adorable Christmas kitty cards!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I'm hopping from the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge. Fabulous card, so sweet! Love this image! Printing in greyscale is a clever idea!

Alyson Mayo said...

What a great idea to print in grey and colour the image yourself (with built in highlights)! So cute! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Christmas :)

papierelle said...

The little kittens discover the world, it's so cute and adorable!!

Dotty Jo said...

So happy to see you here at The Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge in memory of Janis! I always love visiting your blog and seeing the pics of your beautiful cats. What a great idea to print in greyscale - I'd never thought of doing that. Such an inspired idea and your card looks amazing. Thanks for playing along, Jo x

*Vicki* said...

AWE!! Those kittens are precious! What a darling image and I'm sure your friend will love it! Your grayscale printed images have been awesome to see! Have a great day!

Becca Yahrling said...

I am always happy to see birdies and kitties getting along. :-) This is so very sweet and beautiful as well.

Diane said...

It's so adorably cute, she is going to love it, as the owner of six cats I know I would!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Suzanne H said...

That is a wonderful idea to print in grayscale and then color the image. I hope to remember that. I'm sure your friend will love this card. Thanks for joining it at the Cat Lovers Challenge. Helpful Hopper - Suzanne

Deborah Hellman said...

Great card and challenge

Carole J said...

Hello NanaConnie - good to see you joining in the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge. Your kitten card is gorgeous! I Love how you make a coloured image your own, by printing in greyscale and colouring yourself - it's a very clever idea!
Thank you for joining the special Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge in memory of our dear friend, Janis Woolbright. x

Toni said...

Such a sweet scene and adorable kitties.

mandysea said...

Hello NanaConnie, its so lovely to visit you and see your lovely cards again! What a sweet image and sometimes less is more. Lovely colouring and yes, such a great idea to print in grey scale! I'm sure the recipient will love receiving this card!

Bunny said...

I love gray scale for the same reason. This is very cute. I'm sure your friend really enjoys receiving her cards each year.

foleysfriend said...

I'm sure that your cat lover will adore this Christmas card. Thanks for sharing the tip of printing in gray scale. Great job of adding color to the image. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge.

sue n.

Fikreta said...

its so wonderful card!