Saturday, October 7, 2023

Merry Country Christmas

      Can you believe that our fearless leader at FarmQuest has opened a new 'country' challenge blog?  This time she's focused on Christmas (opt: winter) and I jumped at the chance to be part of the DT.  The challenge is called FarmQuest Country Christmas challenge (naturally) and playing along is a great way to get your Christmas cards done a bit at a time over the entire year.

     The challenge goes live on the 7th of each month and runs through the 5th of the next month.  You may enter up to 5 times in each challenge.

     For my first DT card, I chose this delightful clip art image which I printed twice in grayscale, adjusting one of the images to be smaller and I 'pyramided' it as a top layer on the larger image.  I colored the smaller one with a combination of Sanjoki markers, watercolors, and white gel pen on the snow and snowflakes.

     I cut the images with Tonic Studios dies, and cut the mat frames with dies from QuicKutz.  The red snowflake dp is from Doodlebug and it's been in my stash for at least 6 years.  The sentiment was printed onto white CS before I cut it for the frame.  Because I'm going to use this as a masculine card, I left it rather simple and without any embellishment other than the background paper.


     Challenges:

     Come check out this new challenge.  We'd love to see what you create.  Remember, it's always a "Country Christmas" (or country winter) theme.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

No comments: