Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Singing in the (April) Shower

      Today I was inspired to dig into the House Mouse stash and I came up with this stamp which I've probably used a million times over the years!  To say it's a favorite of mine is to understate the obvious.  :-D

     I thought it would be fun to go back and use a technique I like but haven't used in quite a while, called a "Spotlight."  As you can see, it involves stamping or printing an image twice, then coloring only a portion of the image and cutting it with a die (or scissors, if you have a steady hand.)  I used a simple circle die from QuicKutz this time but I've done squares, rectangles, scalloped edges; all sorts of options are available depending on your own preferences.

     I used my ProMarkers to color the 'spotlight' image, and used a coffee brown ink pad to ink the edges.  I stamped the background image with a Stone Gray ink pad and colored it with 3 shades of gray alcohol markers because the stamp looked so plain in just it's 'native' state.  I cut the gray image with a die from CUTplorations and inked the edges of it.

     I mounted the spotlight image onto Pop Dots and carefully lined it up with the gray background image and, voila' - a Spotlight card!  I printed and cut the sentiment using a die from Avery Elle, inking the edges of it before applying it to the upper corner of the card.  A fun technique for focusing attention but really quite a CAS design without any embellishment aside from the faux stitching of the die.


     Challenges:

      That's it for today but I've been on a coloring binge with Mariola Budek images so you may see another card or two featuring her images in the next couple of days.  Then, on the 14th, a new challenge starts over at FarmQuest and I'll be posting a DT card for that one, plus I have NEWS !! on Friday so be sure to come by then.  :-D

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie   

13 comments:

jimlynn said...

I have this same HM stamp and love it too! Wonderful coloring and a cute, cute - and pretty card.
So, now, what's the news!
Lynn

Mia said...

Lovely card, Connie, and a funny HM stamp! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
I send you a big hug, my friend,
Mia
Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Kampin' Karen said...

Love this particular House Mouse and you did the technique perfectly. Your coloring is fantastic. Thank you for entering the PIP Challenge 2314!
Karen, DT

*Vicki* said...

Awe! What a darling image and this little guy certainly deserves a special spotlight for sure! Super cute!

Bunny said...

I have never made a spotlight card. One day I am going to. I love your card. Your coloring is so lovely. It's a great card. Thanks for joining us at HMFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

Karen Letchworth said...

Your wee little mouse is SO sweet, Connie. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm always so super grateful to have you play along with us.

I hope you'll also come hop along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. The hop just started today. www.reasonableribbon.blogspot.com

Have a blessed week.
Karen

Lorraine A said...

Super cute card Connie :-) such a happy little mouse and the spotlight design is fabulous! It's ages since I used this technique!

Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Sue said...

Love your card, and the sweet mouse image and colors you chose. The spotlight is such a fun addition too. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

April said...

This is so cute! I love the spotlight technique. Your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

Helen said...

Super cute - always love a House Mouse!

Thanks for joining us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Donna Walls said...

Sweet little House Mouse! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge, we appreciate your support.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Renske Wishes You said...

Sweet card. Love the technique you used. It turned out beautiful. Thank you for joining the Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Good luck with your entry.

Crafty Hugs, Penny's DT

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Cute House Mouse stamp and I love the colour and black and white feature you have created. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT