Saturday, April 15, 2023

When a Dog Scratches ...

      As I was sorting through my collection of QKR Stampede images, trying to decide what I wanted to use for my DT card today, I ran across this old one called "Scratching Dog" and it actually made me laugh.  So, first I reversed the image before printing and then I was off to the craft desk for some quick coloring with my newest Sanjoki alcohol-ink markers, and this card was born!  

     I cut the image with an Unbranded die, and I printed up the sentiment which had popped into my head as I was coloring.  The sentiment was cut with an Avery Elle die and the little paw print was cut from a tiny scrap of dp which was lying conveniently on the desk.  It was a simple thing to cut it with scissors and add it to the sentiment.

     Both the deep bronze CS and the striped dp were in the scrap basket and both came from a Whimsey Stamps stack sent to me by my friend, Vicki.  I'm loving the papers she shared with me!  Always fun to use something not usually found in my own stash.  :-D


     Challenges:

     Hope to see you playing along with us this challenge.  See the QKR Stampede challenge blog for full information on the challenge.  Remember, you have until April 30 to enter and you can enter up to 3 times.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

jimlynn said...

TOO cute and Fun! Love that dog and what a great design for the card.
LYnn

Chris said...

Love that dog, what a brilliant image. A fun and fabulous card.
xx

*Vicki* said...

That hound is absolutely adorable! Love the coloring and the added paw print next to your fun sentiment! :)

Jan Mahew said...

Had to smile, Connie! Made me think of that old song we sang as kids, "My Dog has fleas"... ;-) Thank you sharing your cute card with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Donna Ellis said...

What a great use of scraps, Connie, and beautifully colored! I smiled upon seeing your thumbnail at JDS. I knew it was QKR and I knew it was NanaConnie! Thanks for the inspiration and for submitting your creation at Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges . I hope to see more of your designs soon.
Crafting Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Lisa said...

What a fabulous dog image! I am always looking for more fun dog images for my monthly pet donations. This one is super fun.

Megan J said...

Hi Connie, a fun card and love the old dog having a good scratch, the papers are perfect for the coloured stamp.... Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Cara said...

What a fun image and great use of scraps! Love your card! Thank you so much for entering our April Challenge at SheepSki Designs. Good Luck and please come play with us again!
Cara, SheepSki Design Team
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}