Saturday, April 22, 2023

Moonflower Lullaby

      I absolutely LOVE this image from Conie Fong, called "Moonflower Lullaby."  I've used it before on my DT cards but each time I change the color combo and it looks completely different each time.  This time I colored her with my Sanjoki markers and used white gel pen for highlights. 

     I'm just mad about her hair and how it turned out.  I think this may very well be the best "redhead" I've ever done.  I give full credit to the Sanjoki marker colors and the fabulous way they blend!  :-D  I think orchids may be my favorite flower to color since I can always use purple and that's my fav color.  

     The image was cut with a die from Sizzix, and the sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.  The background dp came from a Recollections stack.  Once it was all layered together, I left it alone, no embellishments.  I thought the paper was enough and I really wanted the image to be the focus.  :-D


Colors came from the challenge at Dragonfly Dreams.

     Challenges:

     I think I'm going to have a post for every day this week; getting back to my old routine before the eyesight problems came along, I think.  My vision has improved so much in the last 2 months and I'm really grateful.

     Don't forget that our challenge is still running and there's time to get an entry in.  You have to use a Conie Fong image, but if you don't have any, there are freebies available on the FB page.  We'd love to see what you create.
  
     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

Ilonka said...

A gorgeous creation, thanks for sharing it with us at The Outlawz "Twisted Thursday" Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Alyson Mayo said...

Beautiful - your colouring is fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams :)

jimlynn said...

Connie, this is so beautiful! I love the way you colored her hair too.
I had no idea you were having problems with your eyes but so glad you're doing better now.
Lynn

Lisa Bird said...

Stunning image and beautiful colouring. Thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers Blog Challenge

Best Wishes Lisa xx

craftycard-designs.co.uk

Kim said...

Beautiful image. Love the colors you used as well. Thanks for joining the challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.

Furrbster said...

This is gorgeous,

Thank you for sharing with us at I Lover Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz

Sarah said...

A very pretty card. Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah DT

Helen said...

Beautifully coloured - especially her hair.

Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers.

Helen x
DT

Cazro said...

Stunning colouring skills, wonderful use of the given colour palette. Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams. Caz. DT.