Thursday, April 6, 2023

Flowers in a Jar

      It's time for the April challenge at FarmQuest Country Store where our theme is always "Anything Goes" as long as it's Farm or Country.

      There's something so country-wholesome about hand picked flowers tucked into a Mason or Ball jar placed in the middle of a wooden table.  You know right away that someone cared enough about the recipient (usually mom) to take the time to pick the flowers (or even flowering weeds in the case of younger kids), bring them to Mom, and that she cared enough about the giver to make the flowers the center of attention!  

      Hmmm, maybe the hand-picked version of flowers is the best kind of Mother's Day recognition, even though I did this card as part of my birthday card stash.  :-D

      The photo featured on my card came from online clip art, which I cut with a Spellbinders die, then inked along the edges before adding it to the background.  The background itself is kind of fun - it came from a book of wallpaper samples which I've had for a million years and I thought it really emphasized the country feel of this card.  The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.


     Challenges:


     We'd love to see your 'country' creations this month.  The challenge runs until May 5 and the May challenge will start on May 7.  Come play with us.  

     Wishing you all the blessing of Easter as we start the weekend of Holy Week today.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

2 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow! This is such a cool design! I'm loving the background papers! Yes, I agree about picked flowers in a jar! I love it when my lilac bush blooms out so I can cut some off and place in a jar on my porch! Love your take with the photos!

jimlynn said...

The wallpaper sampler paper was perfect for this card Connie! I love it and yes, there's nothing better than some flowers sticking out of an old Mason jar. Love it.
Lynn