Thursday, April 13, 2023

Country Bandanas

      Welcome to the next challenge over at FarmQuest where we do projects inspired by the country and our theme this fortnight is "Bandanas."  No, not the fruit 'bananas' but those things you wear around your neck or pulled up over your nose to keep the trail dust out of your nose and mouth - banDanas!  My mom used to wear one like a scarf when we were out camping to keep her hair from flying everywhere when we were bouncing along in the 4-By-4.

     So, today, I combined a bandana with an svg cut horse and horseshoe.  The background bandana is actually a photo of a black and white bandana I happen to own.  I took the photo, reduced it in size and printed it on lavender CS.  I cut that with a QuicKutz die and used it as the background of my card front.  I cut the horseshoe with the horse head out of black CS, added white polychromos pencil to give the cut some definition, and mounted it onto dimensional tape.

     After looking at the die cut, I thought a bit more definition between the horse and the shoe would be a good thing, so I took a cotton swab. dipped it into a tiny bit of beach (just enough to moisten the cotton but not make it soppy wet) and then lightly stroked it over areas of the horse head.

     The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.


     Challenges:

     Check back tomorrow when I'll have a new DT card for Crafty Catz and on Saturday one for QKR Stampede.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

3 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow, this is really awesome NC! I love the purple color for the bandana background! The horse peeking through the horseshoe is brilliant! Love this one! Happy weekend!

jimlynn said...

Great way to distinguish between the horse and horseshoe too. Love the bandana look!
Lynn

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous background design and die cut image. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Lorraine