Sunday, April 23, 2023

A Thank You for Mom

      I'm still working on Mother's Day cards, trying to get several ready for the upcoming vendor event at the Classic Car Show next weekend.  I know the cards with classic cars on them will sell the best, but since Mother's Day is just around the corner, I thought it wouldn't hurt to have some on hand at the event.

     I've done half a dozen with Mariola Budek images on them and I'll be sharing those with you between now and our actual Mother's Day in the USA which is always the second Sunday in May.  My card for today features an image Mariola called "Women Secret" and I think she's lovely.  She's also free if you check out Mariola's Freebie FB site.  I reversed the image before printing it, which is why Mariola's signature on the image is backwards.  :-D

     I colored with Sanjoki markers (roses) and water color paints (hair & skin), then cut both the image and frame with dies from Tonic Studios.  The sentiment was cut with an Avery Elle die.  The paper strip was a scrap which originally came from a Recollections stack.  I added dots of 'Diamond' Stickles for a tiny bit of sparkle.


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting, my friends.  NanaConnie

4 comments:

Fiona said...

What a lovely image - I can remember when my hair was that colour lol! Lovely colouring and a perfect card for Mother's Day. Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour

Cindy C. said...

So beautifully colored! Thanks for linking up to our April challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

Arlene said...

Just lovely.
So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our April challenge for using water colors and die cutting and/or dry embossing.

foleysfriend said...

Beautiful! This would make a wonderful Mother's Day card. I love the watercolour work you did with her hair. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.

sue n.