Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Classic Car

      Something a bit different for me today.  Two or three weeks ago, I had a booth at a craft fair and did pretty well with my cards.  I sold more than I expected and made a few dollars from my favorite hobby.  Having had that experience, at the end of this month, I'm going to have a booth at a local Classic Car show so I've been making some cards featuring photos of cars from previous car shows.  Unfortunately, I have no idea how to credit the photographer because none of the photos had a photographer's name on them.  Still, I think these cards will serve a dual purpose for both car lovers and for Father's Day.  I did very masculine, CAS designs, which really focus on the car photos.

     I started with this classic 1956 Chevy Bel Air because that was my first car.  Of course, it wasn't a classic back in those days, but I loved what was then just an old car.  Mine was red and, boy, do I wish I had it today!  Unfortunately, my Chevy Bel Air managed to get itself into an accident and that was the end of it.  But I replaced it with another Chevy Bel Air, this time a 1958 station wagon model, and I drove that one until the wheels fell off.  So, here's my salute to my beloved Bel Airs.


     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

3 comments:

Carol L said...

Being an old classic car enthusiast, this card just floats my boat and I'm sure you'll have many buyers! Those old Chevy's were awesome and so were those great colors! We were really living the good life back then when all these beautiful cars were being made! Putting pictures of them on cards is a great idea!

jimlynn said...

You sure do know how to bring back some memories! I never had one of these but always wanted one - so just had to date a guy that did! I had a Falcon station wagon....remember those! LOL! Maybe not the greatest car around but it had four wheels and that's what mattered.
LOVE your card and hope you do great at the car show. They're going to love this!
Lynn

Lisa said...

Great classic car! This would be a great card for any car lover.