Monday, April 24, 2023

Leo, the Lion

      I had a request from a friend for a birthday card for his young grandson who just happens to be crazy about Leo, the Lion.  As it happened, I had a grayscale clip art image in my stash which I think was probably art work for a movie poster but it worked perfectly for the card.

     I printed the grayscale image, then colored it with my ProMarkers.  I cut it with a Tonic Studios die and inked the edges.  The sentiment tag was made with a Dovecraft die sent to me by a friend in England.  I cut it from a very thin piece of cork and layered it onto a scrap of fiber paper (DCWV), roughly torn around the edges.  The yellow plaid paper came from a Lawn Fawn stack.  

     How's this for a simple and masculine card for a young man?  :-D


     Challenges:
Lawn Fawnatics (plaid dp)
Park Hopping (Safari Land)

     See you tomorrow with a new post.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

It's perfect for a young man! I love little Leo and your coloring on him. Also like the layered look on the tag too. Cute card!
Lynn

Makira said...

💛💛 this! Your coloring & use of greytone for the background is perfect! Thank you for joining us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Hope to see you again soon. Cheers, Makira

Judy McKay said...

Very cute card. Love that image. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT https://avenue613.blogspot.com/

Perfectly4med said...

Lovely card, so suitable for a young guy. I look forward to your future entries to AAA Cards using a little more white space for a CAS look. Thanks for joining us :)
Neil

Suze said...

Cute card. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends