Sunday, April 16, 2023

Bow in Her Hair

       When I first saw this image by Mariola Budek, my thoughts went straight to my mom who combed out my hair every day for the first 14 years of my life and dressed it in some sort of braid, with bows tied into it most days.  By the time I was 14, my hair was long enough that I could sit on it, even when braided.  Up to that point, I had never had it cut.  What a patient woman she was!  :-D

     I colored this image (sorry, I can't remember the name of it but it probably came in one of the many hairstyle images books she has available) with Sanjoki markers and used water color paints on the background.  I cut the image with a die from Tonic Studios, and inked the edges with an ink pad.  

     The card front has been water colored, then run through my Linen embossing folder for texture.  The sentiment was cut with  QuicKutz die and the flower layers were Spellbinders cuts.  I added Wink of Stella and glitter to the larger flower layer, and just a tiny spot of Stickles to the tiny flower layer.  The bow in her hair was hand-tied using a bit of sparkle twine.


     Challenges:
Word Art Weds

     That's it for today but I'll have another post tomorrow so I hope you'll stop by.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Wow this is stunning

jimlynn said...

GORGEOUS coloring on that hair!!! Stunning - and a beautiful card!
Lynn

Janet said...

Beautiful coloring on this image! Lovely sentiment to go with it! Thanks for sharing this with us at Twisted Thursday at The Outlawz!

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful job with the coloring on that image NC! I love the bow tied onto your braid! What a happy memory!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is beautiful, and it makes me think of when my girls were little and I'd braid their hair nearly every day. Both of my girls (now adults) still have very long hair and I ask them sometimes to let me brad it. They're not so into it as they were when they were younger. This really makes me smile. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday. Have a blessed week and please join us again soon.

Melanie Hungerford said...

You have done a beautiful job coloring that image, it looks amazing!!! Thank you for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge!

Donna Walls said...

My sisters and I all had long hair and Mother had us wearing it braided or tied back in some way. She didn't like to see hair in our faces. I remember my older sister braiding my hair and NOT being gentle about it! This is a lovely image and beautiful tribute to Mom. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to more of your lovely designs soon.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Vic said...

Amazing hair - I actually want to touch it! Thanks for sharing with us at Patties Creations in our challenge this month. Vic - DT. x