Saturday, March 18, 2023

Spring Madness

      Everyone is talking about March Madness in the midst of the basketball playoffs, but since I rarely follow basketball, I wanted to share a card celebrating simple Spring Madness!  Maybe this will hurry it along and get this crazy winter behind us.  :-D

     This darling bunny is an image drawn by Mariola Budek (I love, love LOVE her images), and I think it's a perfect reflection of how every bunny must feel when spring makes the clover grow and the sky is blue beyond all imagination.  I colored the image with some of my new markers by Sanjoki, a brand I'm trying out for comparative purposes with both ProMarkers and Copics.  So far, I find them to be comparable in everything but price since the Sanjokis are far more affordable.  I have a set of 120 so finding the exact color I want for blending purposes isn't a problem.  I'm still adjusting to the brush tips because they seem to be a bit more flexible than Copics and, since I've been a dedicated ProMarker user for nearly a decade now, I need to hone my skills when it comes to brush tips anyway.  

     Once colored, I cut the image with a Gina Marie die, then layered it onto my card front.  I printed and fussy cut the sentiment, added it to the top of the image and called it finished!  :-D  I think it's cute enough to use for an Easter card.  What do you think?


     Challenges:
There's a Stamp ...

     That's all I have for today but I have more bunnies and more Easter card to post this week.  Easter isn't that far away and I still have several more cards to make for family and friends.  See you later and Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

I'm going to have to check out those markers! Copics are so expensive so it'd be nice to find something a little cheaper.
I Love, Love, LOVE your card Connie! Oh my goodness - I'm going to feel just like this little guy if spring ever gets here - which I'm sure it will at some point. Great coloring and a super great card!
Lynn

Tee said...

That bunny is the cutest! Gorgeous coloring & beautiful card!

Andrea W said...

A darling Spring card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO impressed your colouring Connie, a fun image and beautiful card, the bunny definitely has a "spring" in his step.
Faith x

Anne Fenton said...

OMGosh I love your card, the image is adorable!! Thanks for joining the Outlawz Festive Friday challenge.

Sabina said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles.
Sabina DT