Tuesday, March 28, 2023

FarmQuest Frogs, Toads, or Mushrooms

      What a fun and silly card I have for you today.  A new challenge is starting over at FarmQuest, where we always have a general "Farm Country" theme with a more specific theme for each challenge.  This fortnight the specific theme is Frogs, Toads, or Mushrooms.  I didn't find anything with mushrooms but I did find this crazy image with both a frog and a toad.  Of course, these two country boys are out riding their "steed" and wearing their cowboy hats so that takes care of the country part of it.   They are really enjoying the first, bright, spring day, too, after a long hard winter!  lol

     I printed the image in grayscale and colored it in spring greens using my ProMarkers.  I cut it with a QuicKutz, square die.  The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.  The background is made up of scraps of burlap and paper (K & Co), both of which have a country feel to them.  I used my bow maker to tie the polkadot bowtie on the toad.

I worked with the sketch from the Outlawz Sketch challenge,
but I took a couple of liberties. Still, the basics are there.

     Challenges:
As You Like It (Critters because they are cuter)
Inspiration Station (all the green)

     I'll have another Easter post later but for now, I hope to see you playing along in our challenge.  Grab your silly froggy stamps (or toads or mushrooms) and give us a project with a lovely country feel.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

FARM-tastic!!! I've looked at this a dozen times and I still smile when I see your amazingly super cute and dapper card!!! Very ribbeting!!

Kampin' Karen said...

Connie, this is great and comical. Your coloring is perfect. I wish I could do digitals as beautifully as you do. TFS. I hope to play at the Farm for this challenge. You should enter this in Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge :-)

Nicole Santos said...

Awwww, this card is so cute! Anyone would love so receive such a great card in their mailbox! Thanks for playing with the Inspiration Station this month!

*Vicki* said...

Those cowboy frogs are making me chuckle! Really fun design with the images and colors! Really great card NC!

Sandra said...

Great card NanaConnie, Thanks for joining the Outlawz Sketch challenge!

Donna Walls said...

Oh My, these Cowboy Wannabes made me laugh out loud! Great card Connie, Thanks for sharing your project with us at the Inspiration Station Challenge and we look forward to seeing more from you soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great image, love the colour mix, a great card Connie.
Faith x

jimlynn said...

This will keep me smiling all day long. CUTE image and a great card! I'm off to look for frogs now - or toads. Surely I have something along that line!
Lynn

Chrissy said...

What a wonderful and fun image, fabulous card.
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Cards By MI said...

Fun image and great colours. Thanks for playing with us over at Passion for Markers this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Julie said...

Such a cute card - love the green tones you've used. Thanks for joining in my Spring challenge at Passion for Markers this week, good luck! Juliexx

The Crafty Den said...

What a fun card Connie. The image is fantastic and your colouring is perfect. I love the sentiment too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Ella's Design said...

Great card, Connie...such a fun image, fab colouring and texture in that hessian background.
Thanks for playing along with our Spring challenge at Passion for Markers, Lisa x

AndreaNorris said...

What a fin image NC I totally love your card!! Thanks for joining us at Outlawz Sketch this time
Andrea x

Zw@@n said...

Another gorgeous card! I love the frogs, there are funny. Thank you again for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

Billie A said...

Oh my gosh this card is just too cute. I love the images and your coloring. So glad you shared over at Crafty Gals Corner.