Thursday, March 23, 2023

All Tuckered Out

      I clearly remember the days when my kids were so little that they were completely worn out after hunting Easter eggs in the early morning, often too tired to eat breakfast without at least a short nap beforehand.  When I saw this precious image from Mariola Budek, I just had to color it and make an Easter card for one of my great-grands.  :-D

     Generally speaking, I prefer images of critters better than people because mostly critters are cuter but this darling image let me do both so it's a real win-win!

     Once again, I used my new Sanjoki alcohol markers to color the image, then fussy cut it with scissors.  I mounted it onto dimensional tape and layered it onto a plain card front.  The sentiment was printed, cut with an Avery Elle die, and mounted on dimensional tape, also.  I added tiny flowers, made by Petaloo, and called it finished.  I really wanted the image to be the focus, not the embellishments, so I kept those to a minimum.  Another Easter card for the stash, which is growing slowly.


     Challenges:

     I'm heading back to the craft room where I have another 8 images colored and waiting to be turned into Easter cards.  I spent the entire morning and a good share of the afternoon coloring so that I could make some serious headway on Easter cards this evening and tomorrow morning.  Check back about this time tomorrow for another post.  :-D

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

StampNScrapJunkie said...

I saw your card on Double D Easter challenge and had to come get a closer look! I agree with you in that the image is absolutely adorable! I am not on FB so I popped over to Etsy and found the artist there and got this very same image. I can hardly wait to bring it to life with color. Absolutely wonderful coloring on your part! xx

*Vicki* said...

Awe! This certainly is an adorable image NC! I love how he's sleeping in his outfit! Beautiful coloring and looking forward to seeing more of your Easter makes!

Donna Phelan said...

Perfectly sweet image for a perfectly sweet story, what a great memory. This card is just darlin', that image is well, the sweetest. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Easter Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Jana Forrest said...

Connie your card and memories are precious. My little one was like this also some 40+ years ago. Thank you for the remembrance. Thank you for sharing over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana Forrest

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh my heart...this is so adorable. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I appreciate it, and you, very much and I enjoy the art you share with us. Have a blessed week.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Megan J said...

Hi Connie, a suberb card celebrating a babies first Easter, lovely colouring and sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Furrbster said...

This is super adorable!

Thanks for sharing with us at I Love Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz

Lisa Bird said...

This is such a cute image and beautifully coloured too. Thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers Blog Challenge

Best Wishes Lisa xx

craftycard-designs.co.uk

Helen said...

Such a cute design, beautifully coloured.

Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Challenge.

Helen x
DT